1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 1 | Qatar | Lusail | March 8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2024.

1. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I watched both races on TruTV. My guide said Impractical Jokers was on yesterday, but it was the sprint race. Today the Guide said MotoGP and was in fact that. It's just the BT Sports feed played here on TNT. I dig it.

tl1098 likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The commentators talking about the 'ground effect' that Aprilia was getting with their new fairing was very interesting. I bet you'd have to recalibrate how you ride with all this new aero stuff.

[​IMG]

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

The two riders in MotoGP that have a well earned rep for being fast as hell but also not afraid of being a bowling ball if need be - MM93 and PA31 were both VERY patient and used this round as one final test - I'm impressed with both of them.

As always - Aprilia shit the bed after being pipped as pre-race fav's, Binder was riding the wheels off that KTM, the Japanese are lost at sea for the third year in a row, and the biggest surprise for me of todays race was how slow Marini was on the Repsol Honda - his best lap was reported to be 2 seconds off the leaders best lap times in a class where 0.5sec/lap is considered a huge gap? Wow... didn't see that coming at all after the BT Sport crew mentioned he was on pole there last year.

I'm a Marc fan so I'm hoping he continues to build and takes calculated risks at tracks that favor him historically like COTA or Sachsenring so he's in the hunt at the end of the year.

I wouldn't put my money on Acosta finishing outside the top 5 at the end of the year either - the kid is special.

5. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

My Overlord, on the fully sorted 2023 championship winning Ducatti campaigned by a top team was walked by a 19 yo pimple faced little kid named Pedro, in his first race, on a 3rd rate Aprilia campaigned by a team that's barely 2 years old, as My Overlord struggled to keep said championship winning Ducati from spitting him off during most of the race. Sounds like Gresini paid too much for Marc.

Pedro could very well end up 3rd or 4th at the end of the championship this year.

6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Aprilia?

Tell me more oh sage one....

cbush and ShadowBoxer like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Aprilia, KTM.... what's the difference. Its all ze germans.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Make sure to tell Herve that his team is only a couple of years old.
    You are a maroon.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think Honda will get there, but it'll take time. Not too sure about Yamaha.

Race was a little metronomic, but I wasn't bored. Acosta will be a player this year at some rounds for sure.

Brad beating Martin was a bit of a surprise, and nice to see. Hopefully KTM will be able to fuck with Ducati throughout the season this year.

ajcjr likes this.
  10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Wonder how Miller feels knowing his replacement is on grid and albeit one race, living up to the hype.. Must be tough, Miller is a dude that had a solid personality in a world of robots.

scottn likes this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Does being a petty little bitch ease the pain of being wrong?:crackup:

Slider82 and redtailracing like this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He said Pedro Rode for Aprilia. You can’t be more dumb than that. lol.

13. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

So much sadness and butthurt here in the 13x because My Overlord was such a big looser this past Sunday.

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Loser*

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Martin being a dbag by saying that he is doing his job and now his engineers need to do their job and give him a bike setup that is capable of winning.

cbush and ShadowBoxer like this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He can't spell or tell what kind of bike someone is riding... :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm normally the first person to call someone out for being a douchebag, but in his case, he is clearly a step above everyone else on the grid at the moment. I mean, he is basically crushing everyone since mid last year. So yes, I agree with him for calling out his team and asking for the best possible equipment. Its not very nice, but the dude wants to be on the factory team and I don't blame him one bit.

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He's crushing it in the sprint races...and not in the race where it matters for the points, otherwise he'd be the champion and not Pecco. You don't get a factory Duc ride by putting down your mechanics...

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

E
    Eh, I admittedly didn't see the interview but IF that is what he did, then that's not the best way to handle it. Have those conversations behind closed doors. Want to put some public pressure on the factory? Knock yourself out. But publicly lambasting your team is a shit move, IMO. Bust their ass but do it privately.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Doesn't know what the word walked means. MM93 Actually rode a very well controlled race. PC31 came by but you could see from a few miles away it wasn't gonna last. IIRC Guitar was never MM93's strong track. Are we seeing a new MM93 ?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    cbush likes this.