1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 1 | Qatar | Lusail | March 8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

If you are nuts but you are in a forest and nobody can see you be nuts, are you still nuts?

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

If you think Rossi is faster than Marquez, yes!

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it...but i can see MM93 winning his 9th championship this year.

4. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I thought the race would have been better at the front. Pecco managed it well. KTM looks fast down the straights. Aprilia lost it in the main race. Costa will def be fast once he gets some seat time. Yamaha and Honda still suck lol

Senna likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Remember in 2011 when F1 went Pirelli and they wanted to keep 13” tires but with built in fall off performance to improve the show? Anyone, anyone?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, I view them as a team. They're working together and share one common rating. I'll let them decide which one feels insulted by the association. :D

crashman likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Everyone knows Quatar is a tire eating track and the reason for night races. In the Moto3 Q session Holgado does a 2:02.276. The fastest lap of the race is a 2:03.135 and that is 2.3 seconds faster than the record from 2019. Then during the race the up-front guys are in the 03s on lap 2, then in the low 04s on lap 5, then in the low 05s on lap 11 until the last lap 16.

Canet did a 56.7 in the Moto2 Q session. Then in the race the up-front guys are in the 58s on lap 2, the same on lap 8, then on lap 11 they drop to the low 59s and stay around there to the end, and yet Rameriez cuts a 58 on 18 the last lap? Not bad for the first race but what do I know, and I sure hope I don’t have to do this every race?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yep. I also remember how they've been incapable of making tires with differences calculated in a way that makes various strategies meaningful. As things have been, there's always at least one, often two tires that all teams want to get rid of so they can use the third one which is the only choice that really works. Well, when it does.

And then there are all the tires that can't complete a WRC stage prompting drivers not afraid of the authorities to see a live TV at the end of a stage that they can't wait until next year when the new supplier arrives.

9. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

that rain session right... stripped the track of all rubber. still a great race on Sunday

10. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Eff the TruTV coverage
    After reading about it earlier in this thread, I went to my cable schedule and found the Sprint race yesterday.
    I wasn't home, so I recorded it.
    Nothing but Impractical Jokers
    So, I checked the TruTV schedule online and figured someone can't figure EST to PDT (today), so I tried recording for that time, even tho it didn't show on the local schedule
    Nope, more impractical jokers
    Right now, On the local schedule, it shows MotoGP.
    I'm looking at that channel right now, it says MotoGP on the schedule and on the screen, but, more moronic programs

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  11. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Just tried MAX, watching it there now

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I'll call Tronchetti and tell him to do what Michelin did in Indy, ok?

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Trutv was good here, sprint race yesterday and MotoGP today

tl1098 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Like I give a shit. :crackup:

brex likes this.
  15. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He will never win another championship. I already told y'all.

cpettit likes this.
  17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

MotoGP nearly put me to sleep ... what a yawner.

18. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I watched it on max they used TNT commentator so a little different. Boring race to me

19. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

Same here in the Phx area, all that was on when it said MotoGP was that Worlds Worst Videos crap both yesterday and today. Watched on Max but about the last half of the race it kept freezing every few seconds and got really annoying.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

buncha cheap bastids. Just get the motogp, wsbk, and motoamericaliveplus 'scripts and call it a race season. Aint gotta do no damn recordin', lookin' at the guide to see when a race is on, etc. :beer: