1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech questions for a RS 660

Discussion in 'General' started by ddubaya38, Mar 3, 2024.

1. ddubaya38

ddubaya38 Member

So a couple silly questions. I race a RS 660 usually at Loudon but will be going to Ohio for the WERA weekend.
    Tech rules for WERA are very strict it seems. It says you have to run 6 inch numbers on the front and sides and the sides have to have a black border around it. I have Hot Bodies bodywork and there is barely any room to make 5 inch numbers work. Are they crazy strict about this stuff? It’s a 12 hour drive from Boston,Ma. To get there and don’t want to fail tech.
    Also on the brake pad pins it says you have to safety wire it (pins on the Brembo caliper is recessed) or use “silicone glue”,does that mean you can just dab some silicone on the head at the caliper?
    They also say you have to have hose clamps on any fluid lines under pressure. The fuel line from the tank to the injectors have these crimp style clamps, do they have to be changed out to hose clamps?
    So basically I don’t want to drive 12 hours to fail tech and if anyone else running an RS knows of any quirky things that tech wants done I would appreciate it, thanks!

2. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Just make sure your numbers are legible.

Put a dab of silicone on the brake pins.

And don't worry about fuel lines.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If it takes you 12 hours from Beantown to oh hai hoe, I sure hope you go faster on two wheels. :D

4. ddubaya38

ddubaya38 Member

According to Google maps 11 hours 12 minutes, stop to eat 12 hours. And yea hopefully it won’t take me 12 hours to do a lap once there …..