1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JH4 Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Feb 26, 2024.

1. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I think that we all appreciate the feeling that everyone wins, when you get something back for your support (a quality product that has a unique feature). And for myself, it doesn’t feel like charity to play on motorbikes. Whether that’s true or not. And I believe the escalated situation is just about things that have become a social norm with message boards and social media. If you don’t like something, why is there a need to tell the world, rather than just move on to the next thread? I’ve been on both ends of it. I understand that I will have people who want me to succeed, and people who don’t because they can relate or connect with someone else. But when you go on the internet comment section to call me a “hack” or a “cheater”, why is there a need to tag my name so I see it? Even the most confident people in the world feel that shit, no matter what they say. Now that is just an example of a whatever situation, and not what was done here. But it did poopoo an idea of a way to support a racer that isn’t ’crowd funding’, which may be necessary sometimes, but this somehow feels better from our side. Then look at the current “waffles” on Facebook where $100 gets you a chance for a (product here). You’re purchase puts you in a drawing for something even more unique! Everyone wins!

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Ignore the haters Josh. I think it's a great idea. I hope you're not bringing a knife to a gun fight with your R6 (see what I did there?), but most of us are pulling for you. So so close last year. I hope you seal the deal this time and those brake rotor knives are from the winning bike. Ride fast and stay safe old man.

cav115 and swissrcr like this.
  3. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I didn’t take it as hate. Just a bummer how this place can be sometimes. Didn’t think it was directed at me.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

It wasn't actually, but your knife buddy was in the cross hairs, for no reason other than beeb angst from one dude. Either way, go get it done next weekend. The vast majority of us are pulling for you.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

This is giving me ideas for what to do with the rotors I have from my FZR that I can’t seem to find a home for…

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Meh, this thread is 6 pages long and all but one person in it either happily bought a knife or simply thought this was cool as hell, even if it wasn’t right up their alley personally. Gonna be a hater in every group. Fuckem. But I think I can speak for most fans, both of you individually and the sport in general, when I say collaborations like this fuckin rock and and we all would love to see more of it in the future. Not to mention in this age of crowdfunded everything, it’s immensely commendable to be the guy still going out of his way to give something back to his fans for their support.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. says the guy talkin shit...

redtailracing and Quicktoy like this.
  8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Go get’em, Josh!! We’re all pulling for you!!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m the dude that “ or simply thought this was cool as hell, even if it wasn’t right up their alley personally” and there was no hate or even dislike of the knife. It’s just not something I can really use but once again I’ll say I hope it completely sells out and love the idea.

and to keep blabbing, if I do ever need a new folder I will remember who did this for Hayes and seriously consider spending my money with him.

Jedb, Alex.434 and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you new here, sir? What's next? You're going to expect people to just show some class and move along to something else when they see a R.I.P. thread about someone they didn't like, instead of posting some insults? Come on, man. How else they gonna feel cool and shit? :D

Alex.434 and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Damn rookies.

MELK-MAN and Quicktoy like this.
  12. alan

alan Well-Known Member

I know that @Mongo doesn't delete or edit posts but this is probably one of the times that a few of these comments should be deleted to keep the thread on track.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It keeps it @ the top of the page and JH knows 99.99999999999 of us are on his side.

GO JH4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

No No.. See this is how it works (and really has since day one...)

Think about your worst night out ever when you went full (the r word) before cell phones were there to record it. You were glad that little gem stayed locked away.

The way it's done here see.., They keep it here.. Nice and shined up for you just in case you want to revisit that time when you got some mick in ya' and showed your ass to the whole world. :D

BC likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, it’s fine the way it is. :)

I can safely say that the mods here are not into censorshit.

5axis likes this.
  16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

See my post above :D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, you covered it well. :D

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It has obviously been a loooong winter for some.

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Does Benchmade make pitchforks?

Jedb and vfrket like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If so, some people will pay too dollar for one if someone dares questions the cost/value ratio for them…