1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squatters- talk to me like I am in 5th grade

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 1, 2024.

1. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Probably lost less than the cost of those lawyer fees also.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Until they visit your computer history, with a forensic search..and discover this post........:)

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Meh...we'll cross that bridge when the time comes...if it ever comes.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Blame it on ChatGPT. :D

Pixelator, YamahaRick and lopitt85 like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Its fascinating to me the guys I know that are landlords and the mental gymnastics they perform to justify keeping them

Humans are at their lowest point of caring in all of history.

From here...they don't get better....,they get worse

Pixelator likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nah...it's just more limelight because of the "coverage".
    There have NEVER been levels mankind wouldn't stoop to.

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

A guy I know had a dozen or so rental properties. If someone was more than 5 days late paying rent, he started eviction proceedings immediately, no matter what their hard luck story was. One time he evicted his cousin.

MELK-MAN, Gino230, Pixelator and 4 others like this.
  8. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Have a friend who has " evicted " a few shitbags who tried to screw other people over. He and few buddies do the early morning remodel/eviction thing.
    Depends a lot where you live as to what either side can get away with.
    I had to evict a brother who was squatting in our mom's house after she passed. I back charged him every nickel it took out of his share of the estate. We're good now but he was pissed for a couple years. She had made it clear in her will we were to settle immediately to prevent bad blood as she'd seen it happen before.

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

Those bitches claim it isn't, but I have a strong suspicion that it's actually pee.

britx303 and Pixelator like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well *SOMEBODY* misread the thread title....

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

stk0308, britx303 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

:crackup:Different kind of squatter dude :rtfrb::crackup:

lrrs195 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I had one about 10+ years ago that not only squatted for 5 months but then bypassed the meter stealing thousands in utility power & hundreds in water/sewer. A case like that the police, utility provider, & DA refused to bring any felony level charges for theft. So that was additional burden of costs to be born by the property owner. It cost $5000 for a new service line and $500 for a new water meter since they cut the lockout switch. Plus the cost & time to renovate to be habitable. Also the civil side of things is even more of an expenditure just to get a worthless paper judgement. We opted to not persue legal action but the landlord before us did... which saved the 3rd property owner after us some hassle. That just added an additional verification task of running their name through local & State courts.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I learned the hard way about the rights of the tenant. Myself and two friends bought 12 properties that amounted to 20 units and we were going to become Section 8 millionaires. Little did I know at the time that Section 8 translates to all the rights for the tenant and little for the landlord. Every minute little item was an excuse to not pay. We lasted less than two years before we sold them all, luckily just breaking even. I moved forward by only buying properties in nice neighborhoods and doing due diligence to the extreme when renting. I'm down to two now, and my kids are in both. Nope, not getting rich but they're paid for and I have zero headaches.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This is why I have no desire to get into the rental biz.

CBRRRRR999, rd400racer and britx303 like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:stupid:

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep. I’ve got a mortgage free house that sits empty. I’d rather wait for the right buyer than deal with the wrong renter.

Eeyore, Sabre699, Rebel635 and 5 others like this.
  17. britx303

:stupid::stupid::D

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Can I get the address? I have have some family with ‘impeccable’ credentials I can send your way. They can house sit in it to keep the bad squatters out.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

19. britx303

PM sent! :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If a clan of midgets, or Dave k's, squatted in your house, would they be half squats?