1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 01 | Grand Ridge Brewery Australian Round | 23 - 25 FEB

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 19, 2024.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

where did you get these amazing photos, love the way that bike looks

Circacee likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

think he got injured at the test

3. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

Bottom line - If Toprak doesn't do really well on the BMW then it is plain to see that the BMW is starting to make many fast guys, slower fast guys....

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Word

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Toprak will be fine, I bet they have a completely new bike next year between what he is saying about the bike and Sylvan being the test rider etc

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hope so but BMW has always seemed to struggle to get to the pointy end of WSBK at the end of day.

7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Crazy Joe has always gone well at Philip Island, I wasn't shocked to see him up there. Was cool to see him battling Toprak on the brakes.

Bulega threw down some serious passes when it was Go time.

I'm sure Johnny will get the feeling of the Yamaha in due time. Toprak has to be somewhat happy to be able to pass a Duc in a straight line for once...

Going to be an awesome season.

8. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

googles

ajcjr likes this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

on a few websites JR has said he knows what the problem is but he cant say anything.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

True. But this is definitely another level of effort that they are throwing at it.
    They would be winning a lot of races of the Ducati wasn't sooo damn good.

11. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

As much as I’m not an AI fan it sure is impressive to podium out of the gate . That’s 1 way to shut the haters up .

KneeDragger_c69 and MachineR1 like this.
  12. DRye

DRye Active Member

13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Do we dare speculate what said problems could be?

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

but what about the IG, plastic surgery, Italian kim K off season(suspension) he had? jk i'm impressed with all the "time off" hes had banging models for 4 years...

16. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Phillip Island performances and results are never indicative of how the rest of the season is going to go for the rider. This year especially with the new pavement. So many guys are reliant on having some level of rear steering to get around corners optimally and its evident by the slow mo's that the bikes are barely getting out of line even during those corners where you historically see beautiful slides like leading up to lukey heights. Guys that excel when the tire wears off like toprak will quickly be back at the front once the schedule gets back to some regular pavement.

Insane to see how the Kawi isn't getting left in the dust by ducati and BMW now that they've gotten their revs back and were able to design the engine around that extra rpm allocation. Though it looked like Toprak can rocket off the corner quicker onto that last straight if hes unimpeded.

badmoon692008 and pfhenry like this.
  17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Inconceivable for this to even possibly come to pass here on the 'beeb.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. Chako

Chako Well-Known Member

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

This thread twisted my arm into the WorldSBK subscription. Has to be better racing than MotoGP.

KneeDragger_c69 and Blammo like this.
  20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I still don't why so many have a problem paying the subscription. For the cost of a tank of gas I get instant access to racing whenever I want (including old races), and I get to help support a sport that I want to stay around for my continued viewing pleasure in the future.