1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What are the track conditions like there now. I haven't been in nearly twenty years and it was really rough then, I know it's been resurfaced, how is it, do you still need to go to the dentist the week after riding there?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Quoted for the irony of a limey bitching about needing dental care…. :D

3. Robin172

:clap:

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Was relaxed a couple of years ago. Supposed to be rideable and fast.

edit re-paved not relaxed, but I left it for the humor and it’s not entirely wrong..

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

track is te-paved and really nice.

Facility itself is like a picnic at Chernobyl with worse restrooms.

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I didn't make it there in 2023 but in 2022 I thought the surface was very good. Grippy and consistent. This being after the repave.

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Nelson before the repave:
    [​IMG]

BrentA, Once a Wanker.. and Robin172 like this.
  8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Its awesome.
    Repaved track. Put some asphalt in the pits in some areas. new tech garage was built, brought in portable restroom trailer that is climate controlled. Now one of the few places I have seen @Mongo smile at, but that could be just cause Im there also.:D

9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

When I raced there around 2006-2007... my daughter called it the ghetto track for a reason.
    I felt cleaner taking a crap in the field than in the restroom facility.

10. Robin172

How's the run off there, I can't remember probably because everything was blur because of the bumps. With the repave I assume it's faster, has this caused any problems?

As for the bogs, I've seen worse at some tracks.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Seemed fine on an SV (I ran off at 100+) but everything's relative.... The surface was really amazing when WERA ran endurance there a few years ago, wish they still did.

JJJerry and JBall like this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It's been a while but the tire wall outside the carousel was a bit sketchy. Must have had 100000 tires there.

13. Robin172

Still mosquito hell once the sun goes down?

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m picky but I wouldn’t race there before the repave because of the lack of run off… it’s one of the fastest average speeds track in the country iirc… and I like the layout… fast and fun… just too dangerous for me last I saw…

disclaimer… depends on your speed and what you’re riding too because I was one of the first to stick a bike into the guardrail at Barber too… in 2004… coming out of 4 hauling ass… Rodger Lee hit it too years later…

some people think Grattan has issues too and out of my probably near 50 crashes there I only hit one once turn 4 there too… odd :D

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We raced there last September and it was great. Camped out in the field and never saw one mosquito.

16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I have stayed there in my bike trailer several times and have never had a problem with mosquitos. I ran off while exiting the carousel once and crossed a ditch. Both ends bottomed hard but I stayed up.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Repaved, surface is great. Tire walls have been pushed back all around the place and more improvements to runoff every time we go there.

27 likes this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's the kind of track owner you want.

27 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that’s kick ass!

Always cool to hear that a track is making it better and safer.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the repave was a huge expense of course so the upgrades aren't happening super fast but they are happening.