1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega 2/24-25/2024

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shenanigans and britx303 like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Fingers crossed tightly!!! I’m trying to make it. Never been to Tally.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First turn is a left :D

britx303 likes this.
  4. britx303

I started watching V7 utoob footage……got LOTS to get done if I’m going to make it :timeforabeer:

fishmonster13 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Going to be in V7HW and V7 MW to support the classes….Let’s build these up!

6. britx303

Will I need a not even remotely friendly generator at Tally? Or is power readily available? Thanks!!! This is going to be a tough one to make, if I do…….but I’m scrambling to and giddy excited

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Power goes quick but if you get there for Friday it should be available… Weather should be good for no Genny needed at night..

britx303 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Reminder that pre entry closes at midnight tonight! So far the wether guessers are saying it'll be flat out gorgeous.

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

have they improved T2 since the last time we ran there?

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

I just got my temporary novice license after doing a race school in December but did not get my bike ready in time for Tally this weekend but plan to race several times this year if I can. Since I have not been racing in many years, I would like to attend the race at a minimum and if possible follow around a HW twins or Formula racer on Saturday or Sunday to see how it is supposed to go before I show up clueless at a race. Is that possible or wishful thinking?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm confused - your bike is ready for practice but not racing? You can absolutely come hang out.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never knew anything was wrong with it - or are you talking about the grinding done in the bowl? If so it wasn't unrideable last time and has been improved more since then.

13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

super slippery. i remember the track manager mentioned some improvements at the rider's meeting on the 2nd time we were there last year.

14. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

I did not need it race ready for the race school I attended, just track day prep'ed.... I still need to work on my belly pan, number plates, steering damper... none of which is easy since I am attempting to take an Indian FTR1200 to the track to race...

15. britx303

Just curious…….is there Friday registration and tech? And is there a time cutoff getting in/out of the main gate? Thanks!!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No on Friday stuff, all the officials are working and then traveling just like you guys. Gate closes at 10pm and reopens at 6:30am (might be 6am).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhh, sorry to say it'd have to be race ready to get on track even for practice for our days. Not sure on the requirements if you want to do the STT day tomorrow.

18. britx303

Gotcha, thanks!!!! My brain’s frazzled trying to pick back up even remotely where I left off :D

19. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Last September, T2 was decidedly slippery when dry except right at the bottom.

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

@Mongo live timing going to be up today? I have to be back to work at 1pm . About to leave work at 3:30am