1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too old to race?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Dec 27, 2023.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We're LW Twin SS and V7MW. If the weather would have been about 15 degrees warmer we'd have camped, but I reserved a room in Oxford this morning. I'm cool with that, it's right across from that Mexican restaurant that has great marg's come Saturday evening:D

Buell1965 and britx303 like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice! I’ll have somebody to battle out for last place V7 mw :D wife mentioned hotels not being far from her searching around. I’ve never been to tally, so absolutely clueless

rd400racer likes this.
  3. rd400racer

Oxford has a bunch of hotels and it's a 10 mile straight shot to the track. We stay at Econo Lodge because it's cheap and they are a one story building so you don't have to carry anything upstairs. Huge Walmart grocery right across the street. We get to the track right about end of Friday practice and have everything set up that evening so all we do is show up and go Saturday morning.

We typically set up to the right of the tech building if you're standing in the pit lane. Always seems like a convenient spot. We're hard to miss:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    ToofPic, Buell1965, britx303 and 2 others like this.
  4. britx303

Pheeeewwwww…….my “dead” cylinder turned out to be worn emulsion tubes flooding the cylinder. Robbed the nickel plated set from the stock 400 and good to go!!! I’m so ready to duke it out for last place with any of y’all :rock:

ToofPic, rd400racer and dave3593 like this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If the morning goes to plan, I don’t think you have to worry about last place in V7. I’ll have it sewed up.:D

britx303 likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Don’t underestimate yourself Mark I have registered for the V7 MW fun as well… Looks to be a great weekend! See you guys there!

ToofPic and RRP like this.
  7. rd400racer

Dang, that's 5 of us right here already signed up for V7MW. That's almost double the grid at some races last year:D

8. BOMDIVR

BOMDIVR Seeking youth and speed....both are elusive

Add one more old guy.

britx303 and rd400racer like this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I would love to see it get big like SOT3 with AHRMA… We had 30+ bikes at Vintagefest and 27 were SV’s… Its usually at least 15 or so at most rounds… The more people we can get to come the better.. V7 HW too!

rd400racer and britx303 like this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Be very careful,if you don't set up on Friday,and leave bike in truck at Hotel.Find a good spot up against the building.Folks use to like to borrow bikes out of the parking lot. Have fun,get Marc TLR 67 to give you a tow around a few sessions.Wish I was going!

Buell1965 likes this.
  11. britx303

At this point it’s looking like I’ll be pitching a tent, and hopefully Friday afternoon arrival. Sew 2 prepping hindering race plans now:( so hoping to still be clear to go. Thought about a hotel, but I think I’d be flying solo now, so I can rough it

ToofPic and rd400racer like this.
  12. britx303

When I race v7’s, I do both even though I’m typically outgunned in hw.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Great to see all you guy's jumping back into it. Wish I was able to, I miss it.

rd400racer and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

That 400 bandit is still sitting here :Poke::D

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Are you anywhere near James that's coming up to get the GB ?

16. britx303

Not sure who James is.

17. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

I'm James and I'm in Georgia

18. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Crap I wish I could make it. I could ride with you guys in V7MW on my old fzr.

I will ride this year but a little later.

19. britx303

Awesome meeting a couple of the “old guys”…….. and the not-so mini RD :beer:

rd400racer likes this.
  20. britx303

I hated having to miss today’s races……..but being home already after the 700 miler, it feels good to be home in Vah-ginny! :beer::flag:

rd400racer likes this.