1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pop Tart Inventor passes away...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

This makes me sad. So long, culinary hero!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mr Tart?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Kinda sexist to assume it’s not Mrs. Tart. :Poke:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But did he get the idea from Toastem Pop-ups?

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  5. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

My boss's kid found a live bug in her pop tart. She will never buy them again. I still like them

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I've got an unopened 12 pack of Blueberry Pop Tarts. Im gonna enjoy one tonight.

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Not a chance, they are partially baked. That would be a shipping, store, or home cleanliness issue. But, it wasnt in an air tight sealed foil bag, or the pastry itself. More to that story, than what you heard. Ski

CRA_Fizzer, ducnut and In Your Corner like this.
  9. Lawdog78

I'll see if I can get the video from her. it looked legit. Maybe the bag wasn't well sealed or something is possible. They almost threw up though hah

No video..she only had a photo but here it is. 1 on the top and 1 in the filling https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u-a9t01tm9yCk4NzW4dQ0s3AzDMnY_nF/view?usp=drive_link

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Are you saying she removed the pop tart from the sealed packaging, found a live bug on the pop tart, and still felt the need to check the filling inside the pop tart?

R Acree likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Oh thanks god. For a minute I was sorry for Gretchen, but then I remembered her dad invented Toaster Strudel, not Pop Tarts.

[​IMG]

12. Lawdog78

lol she says her kid removed it from the sealed package, began eating and then noticed the bug afterwards

dtalbott likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ironically, that stray bug probably tripled the nutritional value of said tart.....

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Additional protein.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That makes no sense, bug wouldn't live through the packaging.

skidooboy likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, meal worm, wonder if the kid was doing a school science experiment or something.