1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

We never have before, why start now?

AndrewG725, KneeDragger_c69 and 418 like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Well that answers the questions on whether MA wants to really promote riders to the world stage etc. Superbikes/ SS have some if not alot of transferable characteristics. Bagger's is essentially nascar on two wheels. What a shame.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

He needs a new left boot.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Or... MotoGP could have asked for Baggers specifically as a means of getting the most increase in viewership and attendance at a US round, 'cause, you know, the point of it is butts in seats paying ticket fees. If MA is allowed to bring one class, why would they bring the class that looks like everything else and is more likely to get ignored when they've got a spectacle that is attracting top tier world talent ready to go?

6. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

I used to live in Austin about 15 minutes from COTA up until recently, and went to the MotoAmerica rounds, MotoGP, NASCAR, TCR, Formula 1, and many other series that visited.

Obviously, Formula 1 drew the most attention and butts in seats, followed by NASCAR. MotoGP trailed a bit further behind that, and the MotoAmerica rounds had far fewer than that.

Including Baggers in the MotoGP weekend, especially before MA visits in September, can only do good things for international exposure of not only the Baggers class, but MotoAmerica in general.

Some may have strong feelings about the validity of Baggers as a race class itself, but it is a very visceral spectacle to witness firsthand, and having that viewed by such a wider than normal audience is not only good for North American road racing, but road racing as a whole.

If Baggers can do that during a MotoGP weekend, we should be celebrating the race series as a whole. At the end of the day, it's all about butts in seats, something Supercross does exceptionally well, and something I think MotoAmerica is doing a great job of by trying new things to get butts in seats at our events.

AndrewG725 and pjzocc like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why do you always post in such a passive aggressive bitch way??

there probably isn’t a motogp team manager that doesn’t know who Gagne, Baubier, Hayes, Herrin, etc. what does baggers have to do with that? Or are you suggesting running Jr Cup or twins? Neither of which are a fraction of the “show” that is baggers. Motogp is an entertainment business.

as far as baggers being like nascar, in what way is that even remotely comparable except the American fan base?

8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

E Reed, redtailracing, CR750 and 3 others like this.
  10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

AndrewG725 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'll reconsider once they become sufficiently clapped out.

redtailracing likes this.
  12. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Last time I raced WERA was 2017 at Willow Springs, and last time I raced was AFM Sonoma 2019. Pretty much just doing trackdays now, so class structure doesn't really concern me. Now if AFM starts going to Sonoma again I might come out of retirement and I'll see where I fit in.

Nothing wrong with the SV, but I'm slowly getting rid of anything that has carburetors, and I sure would like to have an auto blipper!

13. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I know, I know, I sure love the SV, plus I got piles of parts for it so...

pickled egg likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No AFM at Sears Point? I had no idea... what happened?

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you left… :D

where you at now anyway? Miami? Vietnam? Montana? California?

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Love that track!

I'm in Vietnam, heading to Bangkok tomorrow.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

AFM has a new president so maybe Sonoma will come back on the race schedule so he can shoot more videos for his company?

18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

High costs, deteriorating pavement, low entries, made it unprofitable. Lots of riders seem to prefer Thunderhill.

Now that Sears is being repaved, I think AFM will try to get back there next year.

motion likes this.
  19. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Sonoma is one of the sketchiest tracks. I didn't shed a tear when it was removed from the calendar.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Use to be everybody wanted to do sears and didn't want to go to T-hill and B-willow :)