1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Suit Airbag Feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by Need_4_Speed, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

He's talking about the TechAir not D-air.

418 likes this.
  2. 392

392 Well-Known Member

great suits and airbag. Being able to recharge yourself is huge bonus.

I’ll be running some of their customs suits this season.

nowayout likes this.
  3. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

This is also the first time Ive ever heard of a DAir issue.

4. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

I wish I could tell you what the issue even was.
    The person I was talking to has stopped responding all together. The last email I got from him was on January 5th saying it should be good to go "early next week" and I should expect a tracking number.
    Two weeks on, and two ghosted emails, I still have no answers about what the problem was or my suit that was originally promised back in late October.

Is this normal for Dainese lately? What is going on over there?

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Isn't Bobby Fong some kind of Dainese rep or something? I thought I remember hearing some of the MA announcers saying he does something for/with them. If nothing else, maybe he could get a POC?

6. Michael Bassani

I talked to Bobby about it in the New Jersey paddock.
    He works for Dainese but I’m not planning on bothering him about this.

7. Hey gang, I’m actually looking into getting a Mugello R suit or a custom Bison with a Helite air vest and I had 2 questions.

1- can you wear ITB -“In the boot” with the Dainese Mugello R suit? I know it has a shin protector already so was wondering if that gets in the way of an In Boot?

2- it looks like Helite makes an air system specifically for Bison called “Air Hide” and it integrates into the tracksuit and also users can also repack the charge themselves (no need to shop anywhere for costly service and wait). This seems like an awesome option, anyone have any experience?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

99% sure you can wear the in boot with the Mugello suit. Most of the dainese suits and pants have two zippers in the lower leg. one that opens the lower part more (like a gusset) with a stretch panel inside if you are using the in boots. second zipper is just like a standard zipper that you use to get in and out of the pants/suit.

Sportbikehunterr likes this.
  9. Apologies, for clarity I meant can you wear an Out Boot with the Mugello R? Meaning tuck the suit into the boots. Sorry I think I’m getting the terms mixed up.

10. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

yes. the zipper that has the "gusset" you just leave zipped up and it fits like a "normal" suit pant leg and you can wear out boots.

11. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

Anyone in this thread have a TechAir 10 in a size XL? I’m trying to figure out sizing and it’s all based on torso length. I have short ass midget legs, a long torso and broad shoulders. Can’t decide between xl and 2xl. If you have a xl can you share your suit size and how it
    Fits you?

thanks in advance fellas!!

12. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I have a Tech 10 XL. I'm 6'3". long legs and its tight in the groin and the front of my neck so I can't even zip it up all the way. Should have gone Tech Air race:/

13. rhinorsv

Thanks for the fast reply. What’s your suit size? 44, 46 or 48? Worried about the chest width mainly.

14. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

46 in USA bananas. I have an athletic build (not body builder, bro) and the chest fits perfectly fine. I can even pee with the whole tech and suit on #priorities:rolleyes:

15. rhinorsv

Perfect info thanks!!

16. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

18. I was interested in the Tech Air 10 but I’ve heard bad reviews from almost everywhere I look. From bags failing to deploy and batteries not staying charged. Just FYI. No personal experience but it was enough to sway me away from the tech 10, hence why I’m looking into Dainese d-air suits.

I just saw the link about the Tech Air 7 so excited to see how that performs.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
  19. Michael Bassani

I finally got this closed out. I will say upfront that this was a very unique situation that I have not heard of before, and, despite the radio silence, my support person was fighting the good fight for me, and I really appreciate them for that.

I got notified last week that the suit has a defect in it, but Dainese cannot/will not fix it. I found out later that the electronics themselves work perfectly fine.
    The technicians were stumped as they tried:
    • Changed buttons.
    • Tested a different wiring harness.
    • Tested the LED with a different ECU.
    According to them, all of the electronics worked outside of the suit. Once the electronics were put into the suit itself however, they stopped functioning properly and got into a rapid power on/off cycle as if someone was rapidly pressing (the non-existent) power button, which is behavior I observed as well.

According to them, the fault is in the leather itself and more than likely the contacts at the chest are corroded and causing intermittent shorts.

After the crash where the suit failed to deploy I did some multi-meter probing and found that the chest clasp is nothing more than an electrical bridge that closes a circuit to activate the suit.

They told me "...we determined that the problem is the leather itself. Caused by salt and sweat corrosion at the connection point. This is unrepairable because there is no leather panel available that is small enough to replace the affected area. Also, we cannot guarantee that any repairs would work."

They made an offer to give me 50% off a new suit for the trouble instead, which I declined and simply wished for the suit to be repaired, it was escalated to the NA CEO and the offer was sustained. So I was sent my Misano 2 suit back, and given the 50% off coupon for a new suit.

So that's the end of it for now. I chatted with Anthony's and I'm going to send the suit off to them to see if they can repair the leather itself since the electronics are apparently good to go.

I've got the 50% coupon that I can use on a new suit and I'm unsure how to feel about it at the moment, while it's a very nice offer, I really wished that my $2,800 suit did the one thing is was designed for after only 1.5 years of use. The Misano 2 is a great suit, but the prospect of spending another good chunk of money on a new suit, even half off, doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that I won't be in a similar position in another 18 months. I am sweaty enough to have warranty coverage declined after all. I don't want this to come off as bashing Dainese by any stretch, this was a difficult and unique situation as far as I know and they did make an offer that while I am not totally satisfied with now, others may see as extremely generous. It's too new for me to have a clear perspective on it yet.

Either way, I've got a newly broken wrist and ORIF titanium in there now, and the new Misano/Mugello 3 suits aren't even out yet, so I have time to think on it.

418 likes this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

Thx for the update.

So suit is trash after 1.5 years of use because of sweat? Not acceptable.

For the price point I would expect a replacment. That would be the right thing to do IMHO.

Boman Forklift and Senna like this.