1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too old to race?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Dec 27, 2023.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Better a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime.

evakat, flygirl, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  2. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

I love that! Thank you!

tgold likes this.
  3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I hope things get better for you. We just gotta keep fighting.

Rdrace42 likes this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

One step closer…bikes back and tuned.:D

Many thanks @2k12r :beer:

1A5316B6-8440-46F3-808C-D0BD3120F0CF.jpeg

Tristan, fishmonster13, 2k12r and 5 others like this.
  5. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Putting the finishing touches on my 350 Honda with a little help from Charlie Young.
    Unfortunately, I will be racing in that other org to start out, but will have the Norton at Cycle Jam.
    67 ain't to old!

Buell1965, 969 and ToofPic like this.
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you James.

7. Norton 357

Thanks Scudder

8. Norton 357

upload_2024-2-5_7-17-18.jpeg Apparently I am too old to upload pics.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

What triple clamps are you using? I'm trying to graft a 4ls drum to my little ducati. I have some alazzurra clamps that are wide enough, but they don't have a lot of offset. Might steer like a dump truck.

10. Norton 357

The triple clamps were custom made by a buddy of mine about 10 years ago when we originally built this bike. They are sandcast and were made to put 35mm forks on CB 350 Hondas.

He worked with Bultaco flat trackers and the forks are Betor, probably off an Astro

Robin 172 or Doug Bowie could probably help out with your Duckling

11. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Lookin good James!.....Im more than glad to help out!...you have helped me out in the pits, and over at my place ALOT the past couple years. I enjoy your company, and Im really looking forward to seeing you out on track holmes.

Robin172, Buell1965 and Norton 357 like this.
  12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Hey Mark: Looks like you could hang both your stands on the left wall so that you have a clear walkway (on the right). But, hey, if you like smacking into things, that's your prerogative. :)

That said, I'm jealous. My 6ft-wide trailer forces me to climb over my bikes.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah that extra foot is nice.

I have hangers for two to each side, but I was just picking up bikes and only rolling in the back spots so no whacked skulls this time.:D

I have actually been considering relocating them and flipping them over so the legs of the stand run the contour of the roof to make a clearer path. Put it on the to do list. lol.

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Jeebus weasels…it’s been a minute since I had to sort tools and gear and “stuff for the track”…o_O

17B9C93E-E6C8-484E-A346-154483D00381.jpeg
    2C91271B-31DD-4F28-855D-353CA38E56D9.jpeg

15. Rokitrick

Rokitrick Member

You Don't quit racing cause you get old, You get old cause you Quit Racing !!

70 years young racing a Honda F2, Not ready for the couch yet...

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

100% agree! I had to take a little roadracing hiatus to get other life things handled, and I feel older because of it. Fingers crossed, I’ll be back out there this coming weekend.

17. Rokitrick

Rokitrick Member

Just had an awesome weekend at Roebling with the Ahrma guys, as always, need more HP !!!

britx303 likes this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Stop by and say hey. Just sent our registrations in for next weekend. Looks a little chilly in the morning but a nice afternoon.

britx303 likes this.
  19. britx303

Nice!!! I’ve got a suspect coil issue going on of course :confused:. Freezing my toes off trying to sort it. Yeah, the forecast had me wondering our overnight game plan. What bike/classes are you in?

20. britx303

My tire guy that I’ve recently reconnected with, tried to get me to come down to shake my cobwebs off at this aaHRMA round. But it was last minute notice, and I hadn’t touched my bike yet. I’m renovating as we move out of state, so it’s a tough one right now doing any 2 wheel play. Awesome you had a great weekend nevertheless :rock::beer: