1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jammin' Atlanta Rhythm Section at the Kroger

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

"Little Red Corvette"

TurboBlew and auminer like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

At first I was thinking that song wasn't out yet, but I just checked: it had just been released a couple months before and was at #24 on the billboard hot 100 the next day (02APR83). (yes, I fittingly lost mine on April Fools Day :D ) (but it was Friday night, I guess that makes it alright)

Razr likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the 80s was 40 years ago maaan
    [​IMG]

britx303 likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

She must’ve been going to college to become high school drama maker … erm, teacher. Lucky you!

Mine wasn’t so great. I was with my best friend and his little sister at a caravel and we all were separated. Met someone else by the cotton candy machine - don’t even remember her name, but I’ll never forget the smell of her beard. :/

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I just watched Valley Girl recently, and that 40 year mark hit me :eek::(:mad:o_O:confused:

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. britx303

The Portuguese put cotton candy machines on their ships? :confused::D

7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

That's not as old as the other stuff. The fuzzed out guitar is great.

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No dude, she was Guatemalan (maybe?).

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I’m normally an old school rock guy but was in Lowe’s and heard Lady by the Commodores and forgot how good that jam was.

10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Kroger used to play their opening message/ announcement with the first chord of"its been a hard days night" from the Beatles
    This was early 2000s

11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That's funny...I tried to watch it a few weeks ago,and just couldn't.. Didn't they show Elizabeth Dailys tits in that,when she went out with Tommy? I liked her alot back then, and she held up pretty well,but the valley stuff,and fake punks, just cant today :crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  12. britx303

Nostalgia wins. I know it’s cheezy AF, but it takes me back to a time that passed way too fast, and I was at an age where I was too young to partake but old enough to know what was happening and I wanted in. Yeah I’m a die hard fake punk hater too. But I always had a secret love for those valley chicks……much to the chagrin of the punk and skinchicks I was surrounded by………that never gave me the time of day anyways :crackup:GD bitches:D

ToofPic likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

:cool:
    [​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. auminer

Same Kroger, LZ Immigrant Song segues the Stones Paint It Black.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Cool store...the manager is probably the DJ.

16. auminer

I would have figured it would be mandated at corporate. Can't be offending anyone, ya know.

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

I like it when I hear songs on stores systems like the Bangles 'Walk like an Egyptian', or some of the Old Madonna songs, or Cindys Lauper- She bop, or ... Joan Jet, on yeah.

18. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

As I walked off an aircraft carrier on a Friday afternoon last Summer they were absolutely blasting "Rooster" by Alice in Chains on the 1MC. Like, untalkable over.

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Was that Kroger in Doraville?

20. auminer

Hittin' da funk today.

Dazz Band Let It Whip opened for Curtis Mayfield Superfly.

I like this Kroger.
    North Dallas burb of Frisco.

[​IMG]