1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flipper Zero - Pocket Hacker

Discussion in 'General' started by Monsterdood, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Has anyone played with the Flipper Zero? It’s a little electronic warfare / hacking device for your pocket reading and replicating all sorts of wireless signals from RFID, NFC to blue tooth, and regular old RF signals. Not sure what I need one for, but their social media ads convinced me I want one. Maybe I can disable every other bike on the starting grid with it and win my first MA race.

https://flipperzero.one/

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i saw it and was like, nothing good can come from this

3. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So y'all are buying one, eh?

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

the hacker who was interviewed on the shawn ryan show last year carried one, and described what it did.

like, capturing garage door signals from someone pressing their remote, so now you can open that garage door. sounds like the target audience for this device are people who want to get shot.

tony 340 and tl1098 like this.
  6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

friend has one. If you have some ideas of what you are doing, you can go to a bar and brick everyone's phone (basically a bluetooth DOS attack). Well till they walk out of range or have the latest software updates installed (I think Apples latest update stops the Flipper attacks).

they do some pretty crazy stuff but you have to have at least some knowledge of what you are doing with them and how to program them.

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Well at a minimum, maybe I can cyber test my own stuff and see if my garage, phone, wallet et all are hackable. I’ll report back and let you know if I can hack my own stuff. I wonder if it will read the keyless system on my RS660… hmmmm.

ducnut likes this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My friend had one of those brick devices years ago before they were illegal. He is a total luddite, and when at a stoplight of a busy intersection he'd turn it on and watch all the drivers go nuts because their phones quit working. To this day he refuses to get a smartphone because "they can track everything I'm doing!"

tony 340 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

my understanding is that it doesn't work on cars, and most garage doors these days have rolling codes so this won't work on those..

but things like RFID cards/badges to get into your building or hotel room are pretty easy to copy. I was going to get one to test some wireless control systems we use at work to check frequency and output and such but haven't gotten around to ordering one yet.

But yes i you are in a public place and your phone totally stops responding, turn off bluetooth (or the phone) if you can. Basically it just sends thousands of bluetooth requests to your phone and your phone can't do anything else. No permanent damage or giving someone the ability to "get into your phone" but renders it useless until you are out of range of the device or turn off bluetooth. Probably a good idea to just turn off bluetooth outside of your car or home anyway. :)

ducnut likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Is it really paranoia if it's true?

mpusch, tony 340, ducnut and 3 others like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

youtube thread post 22544

interesting vid of just what you can see driving down the highway

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I've long since arrived at the realization that I'm not interesting enough for "they" to expend any effort tracking anything I'm doing.

AC1108, BrentA, Cooter! and 2 others like this.
  13. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

" They " track you for a lot of reasons. None of which are innocuous. Tracking can build a user profile that enables hacks or worse. At best, spam eats up time.
    I'll admit to changing thermostats and TV channels but be careful above that threshold as you can be tracked if you have other IPs or IDs that show up a lot around incidents.

14. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

If they tracked me right now, they'd see me on the toilet... posting on the beeb.:D

cha0s#242, AC1108, 969 and 2 others like this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You don't need to be interesting, everyone is tracked all
    of the time. If you become interesting they can go back
    and look at your saved information if they so desire.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. Cooter!

FIFY

17. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

At work we use a satellite to measure chlorine levels in ground soil up to 15ft deep. The cell phone is least of your problems if you’re working about tracking

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Which just proves any crime can be solved pretty easily they just pick and choose which ones they want to

19. Cooter!

Solving a crime is rarely the issue. Justice is.

tl1098 likes this.
  20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I wanted to make a copy of a keyfob to my mother’s condo. Dude advertised on fb marketplace. $10. Showed up and he used a flipper zero to copy the keyfob. 20 seconds.

Phl218 likes this.