1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Guy Race Leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by DesmoAndrew, Jan 26, 2024.

1. DesmoAndrew

DesmoAndrew Active Member

After getting t-boned in turn 4 at Nelson Ledges late last year, I "consumed" my old Technic suit. Really a shame as it had good off the rack fit for me. 6'1" 36 inch waste, 245 lbs, fat calves etc. The nice thing about the old suit was enough room in the limbs, but not a huge amount of room in the mid section.

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on which brands/models might be good options for me to consider? Custom would obviously solve the issue, but hoping for something off the rack.

thx

2. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Check out the Alpinestar "Fusion" suit. It has some textile panels that allow for a little "stretch"...

The best fitting suit that I've ever owned. I've crashed in it 3 times now unfortunately and it's still good.

3. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Check out Vanson. They are made to fit Americans and not people from across the pond. They are very well made and use top of the line leather and other materials.

5. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

one-x is almost always running some kind of special, right now with discount code DAYTONA you can get a custom cow hide suit and gloves for $1199.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I went the semi custom route with an AGV suit and had it tailored by a professional. I had Alexa at Spyderworks do it but she has closed up shop. If I were doing it again, I would use Barnacle Bill.

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I have an older Dainese that would fit you. It's the tall version.

I'm 6'4 240 and it fit decent.

8. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my experience for off the rack suits...Alpinestars has US 60+ sizes that work for lineback types... 280+lbs and 6'+ tall. Usually can find them in clearance racks

Evad101 likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

11. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

6’2”/235 here. RS Taichi in a 60 Euro fits me really well. You might be able to squeeze in it. Not sure if they make it in 62.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So happy you are not racing/track riding in a 20 year old plus Teknic suit now! Move on please!

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i have a basically new 46 teknic suit, worn a couple times before i hung it up. was about to buy another bike a few weeks ago, tried it on...no go....i am a pretty built guy (6ft 220) may not sound like much but i am pretty lean at that weight (bench well over 400lb etc), so i am not really built like a typical guy...the bike fell through, but left me wondering what suit might fit me when i get a new one at some point. i would be trying to sell the teknic, still a really nice suit imo lol. and you would likely be the only one on track with one lol.

14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Most of the tech air compatible suits have a lot of stretch built in which makes fitting a wider range of riders much more possible.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have a D-Air US 50/EU 60 that's never been crashed that could probably use a new home. PM me for details if you're interested. Price plus you pay shipping.

britx303 likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Fyi leather doesn't age as quickly as the stitching does so a 20 plus year old suit is...

gixer1100 likes this.
  17. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i was thinkin that might be an issue. its been inside in my closet...a daily reminder of fun days gone by lol.

britx303 likes this.
  18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I have a 50/60 Teknic suit. Cheap

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

PLUS Racing Leather
    Hozzane Schudery is the contact. Find them on Facebook

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

get out a cloth tape and look at fit charts. Big lats, shoulders, biceps, and quads pose a challenge with most off the rack suits. Most times fit can be resolved by adding more stretch panels in non-prone areas.

gixer1100 likes this.