1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

After your 'delay' turns to 'proceed', you never know what the reason for the delay was either. Did i 'dot' an 'i' this time whereas I didn't before on a 4473? It's gonna be something on their end. I didn't become a felon in the past 2 wks since my last approval.

The FFL at the counter watched me type on his ipad, every answer, he reviewed my answers, spelling, had me verify my SS# etc...Usually the FFL leaves it up to you make sure everything was correct and filled out properly.

This is the 3rd different FFL i've gone through with a delay, so it's not FFL specific, it's ME specific. lol.

2. Almost done with the wife’s 365xl. Waiting on the barrel and I’ve since done the trigger on it. She like the stock grip so it will stay for now. That’s 507k Holoson, have a couple 17 macro mags with the finger end plate for the xl if she desires. Going to take it apart again probably tomorrow and go over it again. I get kind of Broome with my shit working perfect.

Attached Files:

RonR likes this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The longest wait I’ve had online was maybe, five minutes, phone checks have always gone through instantly. I’ve always wondered what the examiner sees, exactly, once all that data is sent over.

cav115 likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Brownell’s 555 paste makes everything shiny.

5. Indeed and a lot of patience. One of mine I scanned parts of it out of curiosity, was shockingly good.

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m
    Don’t think it’s you I think they get to a certain load and just defer. I also have had people delayed and denied even with a UPIN. In the end those transfers went through but obviously a waste of time to get the UPIN.

gapman789 likes this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I've never had an issue, but with the CFP all the dealer has to do is verify it is current, which takes maybe a minute.

8. gapman789

What is CFP and verify what is current?

9. Resident Plarp

It used to be awesome here, in that, a CPL/CFL didn’t require a NICS. A 4473 is filled out, yes, but the permit number when in a box next to the NICS transaction number. No phone call required.

Then the door smokers got pot legalized, and that was the excuse USG used to reinstate their non existent registry scheme.

brex likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Total luck of the draw, probably 40% of my checks were delayed

gapman789 likes this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Concealed Firearms Permit. As Plarp stated, used when filling out the 4473. Dealer simply checks the card and expiration date, calls the Utah BCI and gives them the permit number. BCI says yep, valid. All done.
    Hasn't been taken away from us yet, although the COVID years fucked Utah in the ass with all the communists moving in. Hoping we can hold them off for a while.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. gapman789

Gotcha....I'm working on getting my CCW permit in Ohio. Went to a class a month ago but the instructor tested Covid + the night before.

I didn't realize how important that is to have especially when traveling. I'm in a constitutional carry state, so i didn't think there was a huge need for it at the time.

13. gapman789

I need to accept this and not get too excited about picking up a new weapon and heading straight to the range which was the plan yesterday.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We can carry without a permit here as well, but the CFP has perks with allowing carry in certain places like schools, as well as not having to do the background check when buying firearms since the permit background check is far more in depth.

gapman789 likes this.
  15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Can you get a local firearms/conceal carry permit? I know in GA if you have a Georgia Firearms License (our conceal carry permit) the shops still have to do the 4473 but they don't have to call it in, you fill it out and are on your way. One reason to continue to get my GFL even with the latest "constitutional carry" law where you really don't need it.

brex likes this.
  16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Concealed Firearms Permit. In a lot of states, mine included, if you have a concealed carry license, you get to skip the background check. In and out in 5 minutes, depending on the line. My local store sells a good 100 guns a day, so there's always a line!

brex likes this.
  17. gapman789

I'm working on getting my CCW permit in Ohio. Went to a class a month ago but the instructor tested Covid + the night before.

I didn't realize how important that is to have especially when traveling. I'm in a constitutional carry state, so i didn't think there was a huge need for it at the time.

18. gapman789

FFL called me this morning telling me they got the "PROCEED" with the XDM 10 mm i bought on Saturday morning, and I could pick it up.

I almost bought another gun while I was there out of spite just to send another 4473 their way....Maybe I'll go on a shopping spree and buy a gun every 3 days for the next month.

Shot 48 rounds with it a minute ago. With my lack of 'experience', i couldn't hardly tell much difference in recoil compared to my 9's. Maybe I need to shoot them back to back.

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

It really comes down to how they are loaded. the 10mm was the original FBI cartridge, but they found that with full house loads, people weren't accurate with follow up shots, etc. So they went down in power and the 40S&W was born. The 10mm is basically a 40S&W magnum. The hot loads are pretty stout, but there are plenty of basic loads around that aren't that bad at all. If you want some fun find something like Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game 10mm ammo and see how that shoots. :)

gapman789 likes this.
  20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I dropped the ball. I should be out in Vegas for Shot Show damit.

StaccatoFan likes this.