1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duct taped lower plastics

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bsanorton, Jan 14, 2024.

1. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

The PO owner of my SV650 had an oops and some of the left side lower bodywork is nicely duct taped. Most of the duz fasteners still work. Will this pass tech inspection or do I need to do some plastic welding repairs?

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Normally you take the lowers off for tech so they actually won't see it. Do you think it will still hold fluid? If so then it should be fine.

Also, is it plastic or fiberglass? Will make a difference in the repair method.

3. bsanorton

I'm going to say they are plastics. Also that reminds me the muffler is touching the rear of the belly pan, there's some sort of high heat tape on the inside the belly pan. What is it so i can redo and where do I get?

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Just buy a fibreglass repair kit, they have them at any auto parts store. Pretty stright forward to use.

BrentA and lopitt85 like this.
  5. bsanorton

ok thanks, yeah upon closer inspection I do think they are fiberglass. I have done some fiberglass work in the past

BrentA likes this.