1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinus procedures- your outcome?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Dec 22, 2023.

1. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Had the surgery about 17 years ago - was having frequent sinus infections and this did the trick. It helped me quite a bit, but I have noticed the dry feeling you describe and it didn't really go away. Suggestion: Q-tip with a bit of vaseline in each nostril after your shower. Especially in Winter and/or dryer climates.

DrA5 likes this.
  2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Still rinsing. In fact, today I had my first bloody nose immediately after a rinse. Bathroom looked like a Quentin Tarantino movie. Took about 15 mins to quell...ice packs....pinching....leaning forward, followed by lightly blowing out a bloody clot the size of a small mouse.

Between rinses I still use a sinus saline spray, now trying a saline gel to see if that helps with the dryness longer.

3. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

I've suffered with Chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps + asthma for nearly 2 decades. I've delayed, canceled and even no show'd the highly recommended roto rooter surgery on multiple occasions until finally- after the antibiotics stopped working, the rinses stopped rinsing- i decided to re-consult with the ENT surgeon.

We agreed on a surgical date and I was all in. Just prior to finishing my appointment, the ENT doc suggested I revisit the allergist to ensure we weren't missing anything and to also discuss a trial of dupixent which could provide relief prior to the surgery and reduce the size/amount of polyps leading to a more successful surgical outcome.

Well here I am, 7 months after my first Dupixent shot and can attest that this was a game changer! My ENT isnt the happiest that due to the ability to breathe, smell and overall improvement in my quality of life- Ive yet again decided to skip/postpone surgery but he is happy that Ive found relief.

For those who have polyps along with chronic sinus infections- this may be worth a shot.. pun intended lol.

Pros- beneficial non surgical relief

Cons- shot every 2 weeks indefinitely

There's also an ongoing conversation regarding the cost comparison of 1 or even multiple surgeries compared to indefinite prescription of Dupixent but for me- Im a fan of medical treatment vs surgical intervention whenever possible with positive outcomes.

4. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I had this done when I was 7 to fix my sinus cavities. Can say that its probably why I never feel like I can't breath through my nose even when im sick