1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shinko 008 Race slicks

Discussion in 'General' started by Brandon Rau, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Brandon Rau

Brandon Rau Well-Known Member

Hello, so as the title says I am looking for info on Shinko 008 Slicks. Now I know they have been talked about before but seems to be a while back. They didn’t get the best reviews but since then I was told Shinko has been updated. Not sure how to take that. Does anyone have a real life review on how they perform? Do people not like them cause of how long they last, is the feeling bad, or do they have no feel or no grip? I guess I’m looking for reasons they are bad or WERE bad. The bike I’m debating putting them in is a supermoto and a twin so crazy speeds are also not a factor. Thanks for your time.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'd reach out to the local vendor that sells and services them at your events.

ducnut, R1Racer99 and tl1098 like this.
  3. Alanjtc73n

Alanjtc73n Well-Known Member

Their profile is terrible for roadracing. At lean the contact patch is tiny and it slides everywhere. Even just looking at the tire mounted will tell you what you need to know about the profile. Super flat. I've put a few sets on for some guys and just as quickly they came back asking for me to take them off. The cheap price is certainly a selling point but if you can't even use them, what's the point. Their intended purpose is for drag racing. If price is an issue, go with Dunlop 451s if your local dealer still has some left.

4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm looking to tard a crf 150r,and was just looking at these tires.Only! because it would be on a 150,and cart track. It's just not worth my bikes,or risk to my body on a big track bike.I have seen zero shinkos running big tracks

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

:D

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I did my race school on podium 006’s :D When I first bought my fzr400, those were the only “sport” tires that I could find in 18”. I knew nothing of race tire vendors etc. Shortly thereafter, I setup my lathe and did a rear wheel swap to a 17”. But I do think shinkos on a ‘tard/mini would be fine for practicing controlled slides…….hell that’d be fun