1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

First the present from my wife for Christmas and then my present to myself for Christmas :p
    532FB0ED-7FF7-4F58-B08E-68F6A586BD9A.jpeg
    50F41DDC-14B1-46C7-BA90-9B777F4F0013.jpeg
    0DB25FFE-A87B-4F58-8A64-D5098ED8746F.jpeg
    8503E3FE-1323-4945-B0DC-ED9809E219C8.jpeg

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Embarrassed to say how ma
    I too have gone overboard on calibers (27) but I really like having variety. Agreed suppressors aren’t difficult to get into and they are running 5 to 6 months on average now and that is still dropping. The only reason I would care about the wait time is if my doctor gave me the news I wouldn’t be around when it clears.

redtailracing likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Is it really that short? I finally received the can for my .300 a few weeks ago and it took roughly a year.

4. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Last five cans I bought, 3 took 6 months, 2 took 7 months, 4 out of those 5 went through Ron....

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

6. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Merry Christmas all.

I shoot a Sig P365 Comp and have experienced significant fouling of the comp when shooting Magtech, Winchester and Browning. On the opposite end of the spectrum is Blazer Brass which shoots clean.

I’m considering trying Sellier & Belloit 115ger 9mm for the range and am interested to know if anyone is running this in a comped firearm and if you are, is it fouling the comp?

Thanks

7. redtailracing

I don’t know about browning but Winchester white box and magtech are both pretty low quality ammo. blazer in my opinion is much better. So this all tracks with what I’d expect. S&B has been decent in my very limited experience with it. Fiocchi & federal also make solid range ammo.

DaveB likes this.
  8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

My last three cans batched together at something stupid like 70 days.

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

So I have a chance to grab a new H&K SP5K for a good bit less than retail. I wasn't ready to buy one, and I would have leaned towards the non-k model with the longer barrel. Someone talk me out of it please :D

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

If the price is too good to pass go for it. I will add that I’ve heard more complaints about the sp5 than the MKE copies. Mostly barrel threading / alignment issues.

11. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Direct quote from Blazer website "Do not use in firearms with ported barrels or ported recoil compensators." Since these are plated bullets and not a true jacketed they say the comp or ports can throw lead back at you as it get shaved off passing through. I have no idea of the validity of that but since they have it in big red letters not to use it I wouldn't.

I agree with redtail on the Fiocchi, I've had really good luck with it. S&B is ok, I haven't had any issues with it.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what!!!! when was this? how??

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Less than retail? Are you talking $2,995.00? If so I would go for it. You are going to pay about the same for a knock off model. My knock off is a k variant and I love how small it is, can't see that the H&K model would be any different.

I posted up on here when it happened If I remember correctly. I think it was in October of this year. No clue how but there have been a bunch of really quick approvals lately. I'm putting a Huxwrx 762 flow Ti that I got for $999.00 on a Black Friday sale in jail this week. Fingers crossed.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

X-Caliber has 20% off barrels and some other items until 12/27. I had been dragging my feet on a project but that sale made me prioritize my current build.

15. redtailracing

How much below retail? Quick search shows $2500-$2700 is a pretty solid deal. $2700-$2900 is good. Above 29? Meh. That said, buy it. Who cares? It’s cool.

16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

2400ish, with no tax since private party.

17. redtailracing

Send it.

Dragginass likes this.
  18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

No brainer. I agree with Quentin.

19. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

20. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i want the flow 556 and of course no deals ever haha but thats amazing on that wait time