1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GB500 & SRX600'S For Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Banditracer, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Figured I'd put these here, maybe somebody knows somebody that might be interested.

I've got a good friend that's not in very good shape health wise and I've ended up taking care of his place up here. He's in Fla. and can't travel so I've ended up being in charge of trying to get rid of his bikes. Besides these there's also a couple BSA's and a BMW R27. I'm way up in northern NY so I'm a long way from most of you but maybe you know somebody who know's somebody since they're kinda cult bikes.

The GB500 is an 89, 18,260 miles, road ready other than tires. It's here in the shop, I cleaned the carb and brakes a couple years ago and have been hopping on it and riding it a few times a summer. Has Progressive springs in the forks and a braided front line, Supertrapp can on it. Cosmetically it's good, few pits of rust started on the chain guard. Has a Corbin seat on it and have the stock one, also a Honda shop manual.
    I have the signed NYS title . $1500

The SRX is a 86, 10,720 mi. also a second parts bike. This should start and run, I cleaned the carbs the same time I did the GB but it's kick start only and I'm not heavy enough / man enough to kick it over with enough authority to start it. I tried a couple times and said nope, no broken leg for me. Has Proggresive springs , braided lines and a Supertrapp can. The fuel tank is horrible, needs to be cleaned with Evapo Rust or something similar. Gas cap was junk so threw it away. I cleaned the front brakes and they work but the rear master cylinder is seized and not available from Yam. anymore. The parts bike doesn't have a gas tank on it, think everything else is. Also have a shop manual and a bunch of spares / odds, ends that go with it.
    I haven't found the title for this one yet. The guy is a hoarder and I've got alot of shit to dig thru.
    $1500 for both and the extra stuff.
    I can get pics if someone is serious. PM me for a phone # .

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would love to have the GB500. How can we get it to Alabama. Or North Carolina?

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Where in FL? I might need the SRX's.

4. Banditracer

I'm not getting involved in shipping other than rolling it onto what ever picks it up. Either do the drive or hire a shipper. Or maybe one of the Canadians that heads to Jennings or Daytona can stop and pick it up for a small fee. I'm 10 miles from the border / bridge on a main state highway.

5. Banditracer

He's in Lake Wales but the bikes are in NY.

6. nigel smith

Anyone planning on making the trip? Time frame is not a concern as long as bandit is okay with storing the bike.

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

What BSA's?

Cheers,

Dave

8. nigel smith

I'll help pay for the trip if you bring the GB back to Georgia with you.

9. kenessex

Where in NY? Maybe I have family or friends.

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I have 4 - SRX600's. I don't need more . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

11. Banditracer

Near Ogdensburg, on the St. Lawrence river, way up north.

12. Banditracer

One's a B40, the other one's the same as the Triumph Rocket 3, what ever they called that one. It's supposed to be kind of rare because it's a 5 speed.

13. kenessex

That is only 1400 miles from our place in Florida.

14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The Triumph triple was a Trident, and the BSA triple was a Rocket 3. The BSA cylinders are inclined forward about 10 degrees whereas the Triumph's are vertical. The Rocket 3 also had the "ray gun" exhaust.

B40 is a 350 cc single.

Thank you.

cheers,

dave

15. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

You had a bike in your garage for me for quite a while, I suppose I could repay the favor. Probably only a couple hours from me.
    Craig

16. kenessex

"quite a while" ? I think it has been 14 years that I have had the DT in my garage.:D
    If you stored the SRX's, you might have them for "quite a while". But, Maybe we can make it work out. I am thinking of some ideas.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

paging mike olmstead to the ccoutrtesy phone. hes in lockport.

18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I can transport one of the bikes from Baltimore to as far south as Jacksonville, FL. I’ll be traveling in the I-95 corridor. I’ll be heading down in late Feb.

19. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

PM sent on the GB...

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's not a neighbor of Canada, they actually share a driveway.

SundaySocial and Banditracer like this.