MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The age drama was at the AMA level, we were fine. Earl did call Evelyne to apologize first tho, miss that man.

27 and Mike Fennell like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know but that's a safe bet.

3. Chip G

Chip G Active Member

For sure. My son always feels a bit left out when his friends are talking about their stick and ball sports, so I told him to invite them to a race. We took a bunch of them to the Barber MA round, and they had a blast, especially with how accessible the paddock is. Ever since then, I overhear them all talking about MA, GP, and Supercross together. None of them will ever likely ride or race, but they are defiantly fans now.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I remember you or Evelyn speaking about earl doing that.
    Didn’t you extend the formula 3 rules to include them? I forget who (Sam Yashamita pops into my head) used to joke about the Hayden rule. :D

And then there was all those even younger little shits running all over. Roger lee, CU. . .

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, we never needed to change rules for them.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Audrey, Sam’s Ex still runs MotoLiberty…. She has great memories of those times with the Haydens… I drug her back on the scene in 09 traveling in my semi with all her RS Taichi gear and she’s still there :D her and Jack are great people.

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well, for So-Cal it doesnt help that every track is 3-5-8 hours away. If the track was downtown metro it would fill easier. Shit better be dam worth it to audience if they gonna drive hours. Not to watch bikes go in circles. It will always be a motorhead sport. Dirtbike tracks are everywhere around here. SX is in a stadium. dirtbikes can be ridden by little kids easy (2 and 4 wheel). Close to home. This sport will never be comparable to SX or the likes..

AndrewG725, YamahaRick and buzz-06 like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I talk to Audrey every now and again. :)

Sam is the dude who gave me my set on Nankais way back. He hated my Fieldsheer monza suit (but then again, I think everyone did). :D

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I had never met her and my RS Taichi deal was direct from Japan. I pitched the idea of a mobile display and point of purchase to them and Taka and Ryoji connected me with Audrey as she just got sole importer rights to the brand.... Not knowing the history I went at it like a new to the paddock vendor :) Then I got to know her and Jack and Slider Woman made a return to the paddock I think she was hooked again :D I connected her with every rider I could and she exploded it into nearly half the paddock... I love it when good people connect and continue what we all love...

The Fieldsheer owner was from Grand Rapids and sponsored lots of GLRRA guys, and the series, in the 90s... I wore one set, out quickly, but had to move up to some more durable protection :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

More durable? A suit made of Butcher paper colored with crayons was more durable. :D. But a a dude I was introduced to had some deal to distribute No Fear T-shirts also did something with Fieldsheer (and weirdly Vuarnet) and even a free bag of shit was still free.

I remember ‘ski wearing a set that was more duct tape than moo at Daytona until another set arrived. :-D

27 likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Nope that guy and a english dude worked for Mr. Fieldsheer, then they created Teknic.

27 likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Teknic was the brand I was thinking of, must’ve been a subliminal connection… thanks for the correction… I remember the Teknic shoulders ripping out on guys all the time… I never wore those

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

mine stayed together…. With lots of duct tape… but I had some Spyke leathers that were softer than anything I’ve ever worn and great impact protection but exploded on impact so it didn’t matter :D I had more road rash from those leathers than my street squid skid days and that’s something :crackup:

14. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

My Teknic lasted me about 7 crashes before I finally decided I should quit rolling the dice and bought a new suit.

But A*, that shit scares me. I've seen seams rip on those in person.

backbone and AC1108 like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I loved tecknics but I didn’t own a set of the early inexpensive ones. Worst I owned were early Fox and xxx xxxxx made from goat skin (freebies from the no fear guy). The goat “leathers” failed while riding an xr100 on a kart track on a relatively low speed low side.

16. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I still love the Syed leathers I had, as Sean can testify I tested the hell out of them.

backbone likes this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t trying to speak poorly about any of them… 7 crashes was an average number per year for me for a very long time… so my gear really got used I haven’t tried anything new in 20 years since I went with RS Taichi

koth442 likes this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I still have one of the early model suits in my closet. Hanshaw sold me a set he won from GLRRA in 00’ I think it was. I thought they were pretty good suits actually. I tested it out in Dead Bear at Putnam 3x in one day . It was raining so not too bad

E Reed and 27 like this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

hold up! The same corner three times in the same day?!? I thought I was the king of crashes… I concede to your crashness :D

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Dude, you only crashed 7 times a year. MM93 eclipses that number before dinner on Friday! You're either talented or slow...
    :D

stk0308, koth442, 27 and 1 other person like this.