1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell - Marc to join Gresini

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Track records seem to be broken a lot this year but I couldn't say how many.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Marc's not dumb, but he's not data analyst-, chassis flex-, or fork oil weight- smart.

3. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Everybody assumes that the 24 Ducati will be a better bike than the 23. Newer does not always mean that it is better but it has been shown that the 23 is a very good bike for several riders.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

In addition, if it is better, how much? Some of the '24 developed parts may trickle down to the '23 bike as well. Electonics development certainly can be used.

5. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I agree.

Also, with what MM has been through the past few years, he might benefit from being able to just focus on riding the bike that is provided.

Spang308 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

88/532 likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hell yea, to sign the fastest human to ever throw a leg over a motorcycle.....I'd be happy also.

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

sans Puig any is an improvement, but the satellite teams, especially Gresini these days seems to have a family atmosphere

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Maybe an unfair comment but Enea seems to miss it...... :D

11. Spang308

Bump :D

Phl218 likes this.
  12. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

I just think not being in a garage with Puig would be enough to make MM93 smile

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Casey is still retired as far as I know.

Nah. It seems like the tail very much wagged the dog at Honda, I bet Puig was a model of cordiality to Marc and his posse. Puig is a lot of things but stupid isn’t one of them, he knows not to threaten the golden goose.

27 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't rush, young padawan. Patience.

Spang308 likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not really. Marquez came in with his (now ex) manager, Emilio Alzamora and stepped right around Puig. At one point Puig was shipped off to Asia to separate the two groups.
    Puig was Pedrosa’s manager and when Pedrosa fired him the next year’s contract with Repsol Honda Pedrosa’s contract offer was slashed. I remember it being the last or second to last year of pedrosa there.
    My money is Puig hated Marquez because he started to lose control of his empire.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wonder which one had the higher championship rate per year of racing :D

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ago did

18. Spang308

LOL, there'll be crow to serve sir!

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So I’ve been reading articles on the FaceTubes this week that Marc is getting Zarco’s hand me down bike but not Martin’s or Bagnaia’s. I thought they’re all the same.

20. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

They aren’t necessarily. Zarco typically tested new parts first. In this case though I believe what is missing was the latest start device. Ducati may not of given this to Zarco since they knew he was leaving by then. Or I suppose if you like your tinfoil perhaps they already knew those bikes were going to Gresini #93 and are trying to keep the factory bikes at an advantage. I suppose it is also worth noting it most likely is possible to have that part installed prior to the start of the season and the current round of reporting and hand wringing is just passing time on the off season.

Quicktoy likes this.