1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance 2024. Open discussion..

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Oct 26, 2023.

1. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about doing a VMD endurance race? Or any new venues for endurance racing? I real like I heard a rumor maybe...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way at VMD, not remotely the time to do even a 2 hour at that event. Rumors aren't worth listening to...if something changes we'll post about it as soon as it's a done deal, at this point I don't expect any changes.

Bburns912 and William Schneider like this.
  3. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Schedule?
    Bueller, Bueller…?
    :dead:

4. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

5. yokohama1

6. CleverRiver6

Read the abbreviations. Just do a search for n2.
    certainty could be clearer though the schedule is there

7. The B Team

The B Team Member

May not be the best plan. It seems like it should be clear, but the endurance schedule was originally published alongside the rest in the manner you are speaking, it was live for a bit before Sean pulled it back off and cited that there were some issues with it and radio silence since.

8. yokohama1

I would agree since when the schedule was pulled I don’t think the abbreviations got removed

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Not that this has anything to do with WERA, but ASRA just released a few new rules for their Team Challenge/Endurance Series:
    They added a relay class
    They restricted fuel capacity to 24 liters
    They are allowing next gen supersport bikes into the middleweight class.
    They increased the displacement limit for twins in GT Lights (non desmo twins up to 800cc)

Bburns912 likes this.
  10. CleverRiver6

Also possibly a GT400 class too

11. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

To race with the big bikes, or a separate race? Sounds scary.

Would like to know where the new 400 Kaw four cylinder can run.

12. CleverRiver6

dunno, I just copied and pasted the line I saw in the latest rule book.
    I am pretty sure the zx4r is classified as a LW for ASRA/CCS

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Schedule will be this week, N2 wasn't ready quite yet. No issues or anything of the sort.

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The ZX4R will race in the lightweight class (GTL). My personal opinion is ASRA Team Challenge sucks. The races are only 2 hours long and they allow refueling and working on the bike during red flags. It takes away any team strategies for those that have big tanks with quick fuel equipment and quick change axles.

15. The B Team

The B Team Member

Sweet, ty for the clarification.

16. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Sean..this is clearly an N2 issue , but any updates on when we might see some final dates/locations?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not right now sorry, I'll work on it. Honestly don't see too much change from last year yet if that helps.

18. yokohama1

Sean, has N2 been able to give any more clarification on endurance dates? Thanks.

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

My guess is N2 is still working on some details such as series sponsors etc, and want to wait until they have things finalized to put out a press release. Should look like this:

May 24 Rd Atl
    June 8 CMP
    July 13 Roebling
    Aug 10 PIRC
    Sep 7 Summit Point
    Oct 18 Barber/GNF

Waterboy, mrrogers and yokohama1 like this.
  20. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

track dependent. 41 to 54 minutes, our Kustom Cockpit r1 has a close to 24 liter tank, but no ringer riders.