1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toilet question

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The ladies restroom has 2 toilets and one doesn't flush properly. This is a new style toilet that I replaced shortly after buying the building, so probably about 3 years old. It definitely used to work.

I have pulled the toilet and looked down in the plumbing, because my bookkeeper thought it stopped flushing properly around the time we had some people from a building next door borrow our toilet and maybe they clogged it, but everything there looks fine.

Then I took a 5 gallon bucket, should have done this first and dumped it into the bowl, and the toilet flushes fine and gives the gurgling sound. If I push the buttons on the top, either button, water flushes but not with enough force to do a proper flush and it doesn't give the gurgling sound. I googled and people talk about calcium buildup being a potential issue, but four older toilets in the building are working fine. There is a vent in the bottom, that one video said could have calcium, and mine is clean.

I also pulled the center flush valve and it appears to operate when pushing the buttons. However, if I dump the 5 gallon bucket into the tank with that valve removed, it just dumps the water through with no pressure style gurgling flush.

Any ideas?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Snake in the trap.

BigBird and vfrket like this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Ah; the joys of being a business owner.

Just tell the ladies to hold it in until they get home.

cav115, brex and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

I think that is mainly a Texas problem.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Try this!

I bought a Rigid (K3 or K6 I think) that extends to something like 6 feet. Used it once and it’s worth it just to have.

edit: thought he posted “snake the trap.” :crackup:

BigBird, KneeDragger_c69 and Sabre699 like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Tammy is a traveler.

wsmc42 and pickled egg like this.
  7. Poop

Poop solid today

dont fuck with my vibe dude

cpettit, Bruce and SuddenBraking like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

I’m just trying to get you to flow where you want to go. We even have a septic system so you get to go hang out with your buddies

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Chief Shitting Bull?

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You're in the great communist country of California ...tax capital of the united st@tes

Put a sign on the mens room that says "gender inclusive restroom" like all the ones at the universities now, put a lock on the door, and eliminate the ladies room altogether so you can store more parts.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

M80...always makes them flush better.

TurboBlew and Steeltoe like this.
  15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

From what you describe the issue is with draining the tank properly to get a good flush. So the restriction/problem is between the tank and the bowl.

I don't know any way to get into the space between the joint of the tank and bowl and the opening where the water enters the bowl.
    Perhaps the Internet can offer advice on how to test/clear the water path inside the porcelain of the bowl rim.

Or save yourself the frustration. Go buy a cheap replacement toilet and install.

I had a toilet in mom's condo do this. I just replaced it and all was well.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  16. Boman Forklift

I almost bought a new one yesterday, but thought I would ask on here first, in case there were any good ideas. This one is a WaterRidge, and I would recommend staying away from that brand. I think it was a Costco buy?

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Kohler

You're welcome

ducnut likes this.
  18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Shitter`s full :D

19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Have you tried playing with your ballcock?

20. Poop

Poop solid today

sounds like u seen 2 many upper deckers