1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anybody working on anything interesting?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

thanks!

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm working on reversing multiple codicils/wills and reverting back to the original will.
    Fuck me, it's extremely messy.

3. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

Just got my 1993 zx-7 back together the week before Halloween.. stacked it up memorial day weekend at Heartland Park. Currently have 2 1991 gsxr 750's I'm building one race bike out of. If anyone has an aftermarket shock, bodywork or other race goodies I'm interested!

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yo Dave,

Interesting you want, interesting (??) you get sir.

Its an EX-500. Its got a bunch of parts from one of my blown up race bikes from way back in mid-evel times, which I guess makes it "applicable"...oh yea, and the 300# drag race slick on the back!

Built by a friend as a tribute to his dad (the sea-bag seat is his) who passed when he was young. He built it for a "High-Falutin'" show in Vegas, around 2008. 25 invited builders....he pulled this EX out of his neighbors yard and entered it.....he got 3rd or an editors choice award, something.

George Barber (yea that Barber) bought it and it was in the museum for a while, displayed on and off. George has a few of this guys builds. George recently gave it back to Bryan, so it could be displayed at the "Savoy Museum" here near Atlanta......the exhibit closed sunday night. Myself and my buddy James (Norton357) helped with the unload and transport of all the cars and bikes. VERY cool place.

So, its gets even better (weirder?)....Bryan asks me to take the bike, and get it running / stopping again...so it can go to the AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURSE.....yea, on the lawn, on sunday at-da-big-show!

Anyhow, interesting situation im proud to be a part of.....how the heck do I get myself into these situations? I have no idea.

So, its still in my trailer. I dont even know if it will fit on my lift, but I will get-r-done, and will enjoy the show.

I hope this fits your requirements buddy!:):rock:

Attached Files:

5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I guess weird is interesting also.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'd hardly call Charlie interesting...

7. dave3593

Talk about IRON BUTT. Google Frank Wheeler, Hodaka. His antics on small motorcycles is legendary.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

But he does qualify as weird.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My point exactly.

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Wanna know whats really weird???.....I feel the love coming from these insults.

Again, I dont know what exactly I have done to deserve such abuse.....but I like it....???

I'm gonna borrow a term from another long term "enemy" Stan Keyes......Merry Christmas, all you frikkin "Kooks":crackup::rock:

stickboy274 likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ugg, that sounds painful

12. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Working on finishing this build up. Hoping for 150rwhp.

Attached Files:

418 and milroyjr like this.
  13. Mblashfield

Got my 41 FCR’s mounted up.

Attached Files:

14. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Active Member

building this bmw r100

Attached Files:

dave3593 likes this.
  15. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

what subframe is that

16. dave3593

Daytona

I don't want to do a separate thread for this but is there any non professional motorcycle racing at Datona? Armie quit running there and I really wanted to ride there once.

17. BOMDIVR

BOMDIVR Seeking youth and speed....both are elusive

Looks like CCS/ASRA has it on their schedule in October.

dave3593 likes this.
  18. Mblashfield

A teammate made these back in the mid 90’s
    Not available today

19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

150 is doable but you gotta keep it cool, (remote cooler up front or in the tail?)
    over 150 they seem to have a fuse attached...
    Cool rearsets, what are they and did they bolt up or u move the mounts?

20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Matt, you are the undisputed KING of Aeroquip lines and fittings, I'm jelly.
    BTW, Don't forget to wire the countershaft... ;-)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023