1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miguel Duhamel Stopped by for an Interview

Discussion in 'General' started by galratner, Dec 3, 2023.

1. galratner

galratner Well-Known Member

pjzocc, TurboBlew, cha0s#242 and 4 others like this.
  2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that podcast.

galratner likes this.
  3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Nabil let his hate of Marquez slip out. :)

4. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Good stuff! He sure is a fun guy to talk to. Would love to hear a few of the stories from The Vault!

Banditracer likes this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Good interview. I had some interesting interactions with
    him on the track over the years.

27 likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you and everyone he ever raced against or interacted with… :D except for me… I’m an angel and always non-confrontational ;)

7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

You aren't alone...

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, I think I saw your name on a 97 Daytona 200 article I read the other day… had a few paragraphs about you Canadians coming down too…

yeah, lots of MD issues to go around… I’m not trying to derail a Beeber’s motorcycle podcast thread though…

If they want to bring up all the old 2008 cycle news and RRW articles about our last incident… I’d gladly do the podcast with them all :D that’d be entertaining! MD actually interacts with my posts on a racing page full of racers from those decades… I’ve done lots of radio and TV and interview well… I’m way more reserved and professional than on here as I’m just a number :crackup:

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I could listen to Miguel talk for hours. Thanks !

KneeDragger_c69 and galratner like this.
  10. galratner

reserved and professional? We are looking for wild and entertaining!

27 likes this.
  11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I'm curious on his thoughts about Kayla.

12. cha0s#242

He pretty much went all out on the Mladin/Suzuki cheating schemes and has some interesting and a bit sad things to say about Gobert.

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Solid pod bruhs... I've always been a Miggy fan. I ran #17 50/50 because of him and my birthday. This was a fun pod to listen to!

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I like the guy but he could be a handful on the track
    and the interview may have missed that. He was
    always a personality, that's for sure, and an awesome
    racer. And for some reason, his brakes always squealed.

15. cha0s#242

I forwarded the podcast to the Real Mat Mladin FB page to see what he would think. He didn't reply lol

16. galratner

We actually asked him to come on the podcast at some point, but he is not interested. I have no interest in starting any feud. You guys know all we are trying to do is give people a stage and make them shine and tell their story. Maybe one day he will decide to come on the podcast, but this is not a question i am prepared to ask.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, you can stir some shit with the best of them!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. cha0s#242

I actually like his FB page and his comments. He seems to have grown wiser and worked out some of his attitude issues. It would have been great to hear his take on some of the stuff Miguel said on the podcast, now that the dust has setteled over the years. I guess he isn't ready to take that step. Oh well, too bad.

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuumble ! :D

19. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I met Miquel on a flight into Fargo from Chicago one day (not kidding - his then/now? girlfriend/wife grew up here.) I knew I recognized him, but didn't figure it out until I saw his phone unlock screen with camel purple/yellow bike on it.

F'king plane had a pressure leak apparently cause there was a whistle so loud neither of us could hear sh*t, so we chatted a bit back and forth on our phone notepads, and then he took time to chat at the luggage carousel.

All other stories aside, he was fun to talk with. Notably when I told him how the crowd almost burned BIR down in excitement when he was running in front on that Harley...haha.

I need to make time to listen to this podcast.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Miguel's take on the Suzuki era domination is told from his prospective...but cheating?!?! hmmm can't agree. If a smoking gun appears I may.

Super nice guy...always willing to talk to fans and anyone willing to have a conversation. Need more like him in the sport.