1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I agree but it can’t rely on motorcycles anymore… the market has shrunk as well as the entire demographic of riders…

this may be of interest…. When sales of sport bikes slowed dramatically and the race departments had more customers than supported teams… I focused on the marketing department… the head of marketing that knew my history, he authorized my first free bikes from his brand, was happy to have me market their entire product line… they paid as much for a month of my semi gate, a moving billboard, as a four bike support paid previously…

my point is the days of a manufacturer throwing bikes and money around are gone… so if you’re not a rich guy playing then you have to find others that value your passion and sport and make it work for their products

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

2x winner

MrGooch, koth442 and 27 like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think MotoAmerica needs a corporate and foundation fundraiser and some subscriptions to LexisNexis, iWave, DonorSearch, and Candid

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I've never heard a KTM go "potato potato" :D The Ducatis and Aprilias must do it with an accent, I guess.

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

If I was alone in what I said to you, I’d regress but multiple people liked what I said to you so it’s not just me.

E Reed likes this.
  6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

PoTAHto poTAHto.

Tyson10R likes this.
  7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Correct. OP was questioning the Triumph's competitiveness. 2021 was on a Yamaha.

27 likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Did you know Toyota almost had to rename the Lexus brand, after it was ready to launch because the LexisNexis guy in OH sued them for infringement? It was ridiculous… interesting read…

9. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

That is not a win though. That series will be the death of US superbikes, and US roadracing I fear.

Boom likes this.
  10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It won’t be the cause, superbikes are a dying breed world wide.

koth442, stk0308 and 418 like this.
  11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

lmao damn, thats soms serious pimp hand for the database

27 likes this.
  12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Taking something that was never meant to be raced, and making a race vehicle out of it is exactly what the series needs.

It would be interesting to put together (for those that are old enough) to see how things have ebbed and flowed since the early 70's. It seems like displacement goes up, then comes down, goes up, then comes down. It all has to change but I don't believe for a second that racing will ever die. There will always be competitive people looking for a place to shine.

malamute likes this.
  13. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

They make 110ish stock. Uncorked/with euro5 garbage removed they are quite powerful, especially the updated models.

14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

So you have to spend $'s, only to pare it back. Any idea what that Triumph build will set someone back?

15. stk0308

Kinda like Honda didn't bother to trademark "GoldWing" when they started making them. So some crafty lawyers*spit* who were members of the GoldWing Road Riders Assocation realized this...they trademarked it for the club. After the courts were done, Honda had to pay the club a certain dollar amount for every GoldWing built since some time in the late 80's, if I recall correctly the timeline. After doing some Googling, seems Honda was able to get the trademark back in 2017.

27 likes this.
  16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I have no idea but the kit contents are listed in the Moto America approved parts spreadsheet. It's a shit ton of parts. It also has the Triumph POC listed.

17. stk0308

I remember people saying the same thing about superbikes when they took over from "pure" GP racing bikes...back in the 80's. How'd that go for us?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on who you ask. :D

paddocks full of diesels. Ugh! :D

stinkwheels rule!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    motion, 5axis and YamahaRick like this.
  19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Professional build? $35-40K.

20. stk0308