1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in Nassau?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pittenger5, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Anyone been to Nassau lately and can recommend some stuff to make sure we do? We're not sit at the resort people, so looking for some day trips or excursions to do.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Get on a boat and go diving?

sorry, that’s all I do in Nassau.

well that and drink. Kalik or Sands beer is local and good. They both have fruity Radlers if you don’t want to really drink. Because Radler is really just water lying about being beer.

Have a good trip.

3. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

How long are you there ? My parents have a condo on paradise island, been going since I was a kid. lots of fun things to do depending what you’re into

day trip to Exuma and swim with pigs is a must do - I still do it every year
    Sunset booze cruises
    Rent jet skis but rent them for 3-4 hours and go explore Nassau not just do donuts in front of the beach
    Hit the fish fry for good food , most food and service there is terrible and super overpriced . We always hit the grocery store for provisions to save some money and aggravation by cooking ourselves or at least packing a lunch
    Try to steer clear of downtown when the cruise ships land , it’s a pain in the ass with people everywhere and the hustlers come out of the woodwork
    Baha mar or Atlantis day passes for the water park is amusing but expensive
    I like to rent a scooter and lap Nassau , go see some stellar houses and new scenery
    If you want a beach , hit cabbage beach down opposite of the Atlantis , it’s quiet and secluded .
    We did a food tour last year which was amusing but you better enjoy conch , it’s the chicken of the Bahamas
    The people are super friendly and very proud.

4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Shark dive

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last time I was there was 2003 on a Carnival cruise ship that docked there for 24 hours. Rented jet skis, went to Senor Frogs and a wandered around some other touristy crap. mehh

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

What made you pic Nassau?

7. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

The only thing I've ever done in Nassau is stop to provision before heading on to the Exumas.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Too Cold to go to Jones Beach. Can go to the aviation museum, or shopping. I would take the LIRR and go to NYC.

9. Pittenger5

There for 6 days, we are staying right next to the Atlantis on paradise island. A day pass there is in the cards (been a bucket list thing for me to go down that water slide since I want to Nassau on spring break 20+ years ago). We already booked a sunset booze cruise. Other than that, kind of up in the air, like the idea of renting a scooter and exploring, gonna find some snorkling around too.

10. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

walk down the beach a bit , walk thru the ocean club , one and only , 4 seasons or whatever they’re calling it these days ….its pretty gardens and cool Kodak moment stuff …walk a little farther down to paradise island beach club , on the back side there’s a little bar and it will have the cheapest drinks on the island . the reef at the end of the beach has good snorkeling , jump off midway on the reef and float your way back to the beach is the best way to do it .
    everythings negotiable , jet ski around paradise island is a nice way to kill an hour or 2 , you run the backside up pi thru the fancy houses thru the harbor and get spit out by the cruise ships
    Eating on the island will be noticeably more expensive than Nassau , harbor walk has good spots but gets stupid pricey . Martinique is a good spot with killer food and there’s another steakhouse on the boardwalk with black and white floors but can’t remember the name . Did I mention everything is expensive :D….it starts to feel like Vegas after a couple days . I always hit nobu in Atlantis for one of our “good” dinners when we’re there . If you’ve got a kitchenette , go grocery shopping , you’ll save a shit ton of $ if you just eat at the pad for a couple lunches and dinners . There’s not 6 places in the area I’d want to eat expensive dinner at

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

They have a Kalik Gold thats a higher alcohol content then what you will find in the US.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

13. ChemGuy

Lol.

yeah go fishing. Maybe you can catch a “White Grouper” and then everyone will be your friend.

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

leave ! Quickly lol

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Don't go paddle boarding.
    Especially out by Sandals.

t11ravis likes this.
  16. Pittenger5

Exactly what I needed to read 3 days before we arrive there.
    Not Sandals at least.

brex likes this.
  17. ChemGuy

WTF? Are they doing paddle muggings now?

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Freak shark attack.

19. ChemGuy

Thats pretty rare. Not many "man eaters" in the waters there.

Maybe a random tiger come by?

20. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Do rent a scooter and don’t be scared to lane split across the bridge from paradise island, especially during what they call rush hour. The public transit bus on the main island is a cheap way to get around but like any public transit not as swift as you can be on two wheels.

The Straw market is a good flea market style place where you can bargain for gifts to bring back cheaper than right off the cruise ship area. Hot sauce makes a great gift.

We like Goldie’s Conch House for lunch but don’t order anything too far away from the fried food and do not expect the service not to be on island time, do walk out back to the conch graveyard.

The Nassau Public Library is worth checking out as it is free and located inside the oldest jail building in the Americas. There is a Piracy Museum nearby as well if you’re into that kind of thing.

If water sliding through a tube with sharks is on your bucket list then by all means spring for the Atlantis day pass. We ‘used the force’ and said our wrist bands weren’t available at early check in and it worked, but that was years ago.

There can be real deals had at some of the duty free shops on the main drag. I still kick myself for not buying the Nicky Hayden Tissot with red star logo helmet for $450 on my honeymoon.

But most of all slow down and relax to the pace of the locals and you will have fun!