1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wen gernerators.

Discussion in 'General' started by pefrey, Nov 22, 2023.

1. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Anybody know about them? $490 + free shipping.

Capture.PNG

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I've had their 1800w for years and it's super reliable. Haven't had experience with their inverters.

3. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

$200 lower than the Predator 3500 Black Friday price. I did notice that the Wen has a 149cc engine while the HF has 212cc's.

4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Wen I need one, I can count on one of my various Yamaha generators to start on the first or second pull. Even my 2005 with 1,000's of hours on it.

tony 340 likes this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No experience with gernerators, sorry.

Plenty of experience with booze tonight however.

rd400racer and bleacht like this.
  6. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

I have the larger version and used it a few times. I like it and it was cheaper than a HF Predator.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I have a 2000 and 3100 WEN. I've had both for almost 10 yrs. I use them at the house, at the track and the RV....The 3100 powers my RV when I don't have shore power and the onboard onan 4000 is just too damn loud.

I've thought about going with a bigger WEN for the RV, but haven't felt the need for it. Zero problems from either.

WEN as a company has been around since the 1950's, FWIW.

https://wen.greatlakestec.com/wen_h...cts was founded in,tools to the American home.

tony 340 likes this.
  8. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

I have their 3800 watt inverter I got for about 530, I think, last January. Super quiet, on wheels, electric start, digital gauges, no issues with it at all this summer.

9. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

I have one, and a couple of friends have them in various sizes also.
    Surprisingly good. I’d definitely buy another.
    Better than the Predator it replaced, and reasonably comparable to the Hondas it’s used with.

10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I have one to augment my other genny at the track when it gets super hot....so far so good. Only one season on it so far. It's lasted longer than my predator did. lol

11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Hope you haven't pulled the trigger just yet.
    $420 + free shipping

2023-11-24_11-12-17.jpg

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I take it this will easily run two sets of warmers?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Wen generators? Wen the power goes out!

I offer that to them at no charge as their slogan...

14. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

my web 3800 inverter as been fantastic for 2.5 years now and runs my portable ac in the 6x12 in the evenings and 1 set of chicken hawks and on sometimes 2 sets on race wknds , i also have the wen duel fuel 13k in frame with a 50 amp plug in installed on the outside of the house for outages here . I recomend them as a alternative to brand Y and H .

gapman789 and rd400racer like this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

Yes it should easily.
    I power 2 sets of warmers with a Honda E2000i.
    Wouldn't see it being an issue with a 3600W

rd400racer likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thanks. I figured it would but wanted to double check with real world experience. I'm going to pull the trigger on it today because that's a great deal. I have a 6500Watt Pramac with a Subaru engine but if I brought that to the pits there'd be a group with pitchforks coming to get me, the bitch is loud:D It's also overkill for the once every 5 years that our power goes out. I'll just sell the damn thing and probably get more for it than the Wen costs.

Buell1965 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  17. KneeDragger_c69

Ya loud ass gennys don't go over to well with racers :p

rd400racer likes this.
  18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I would buy one, but don’t have use for it. I do have the Wen 1300 lb sawhorses. Use those quite a bit, work well.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

We used one on the grid and to be honest, it looked like it was spent its life on a construction site the past 4 years. Other than being to shit, it works everytime.

20. Dryveby

Dryveby New Member

I have a wen. I think it's the same one, but it looks a little different (mine is a few years old, they probably updated it).

I have nearly 800 hours on it. I don't bother running ethanol free fuel in it as I use it often. I haven't done anything to it other than change the oil. If it blew up tomorrow, I would probably buy another. I think they are great for the money. As said above, buy from Wen for the best price.