1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If Mir doesn’t wake up next year with the new bike, I see Repsol walking out the door soon after unless there’s some serious Spanish talent hidden somewhere. HRC fucked around and they most definitely found out.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That dumpster fire has a rider in the top 10 series points. Better than Honda. Who we seem to talk about incessantly here. And that one Yamaha rider has more podiums than all Honda riders combined. Though, Honda does have a win, at least. Something Yamaha lacks.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Honda should go after Cat for lead sponsorship. Great publicity seeing the Cat brand playing in the gravel traps all weekend long.

DJ Baker likes this.
  4. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Agreed. It underscores the value of Quartararo. If I were Massimo Rivola I'd be working overtime to put together a big money sponsorship package around the Frenchman and getting him signed/sealed/delivered ASAP.

-Tom

YamahaRick, stk0308 and Razr like this.
  5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Definitely time for a new rider lineup at Aprilia although, Raul has been riding the wheels off his better than Miguel now for a while. Swap out 3 riders and give him a up to date version. Otherwise Gresini would be wise to scoop him up on the cheap when Marc walks after next year.

6. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I don’t get why so many people think Marc is definitely changing teams at the end 24. I think he makes it clear winning and breaking certain records is his motivation not money. It can be argued the year old Duc is the best bike on the grid for at least a part of the year. Gresini are proven winners. If Marc is competitive there I can see him staying.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I see your point, but I think his heart has always been with Honda, just lately his body has his heart convinced they need to go elsewhere. I can see him riding a Duc for two years, then back to Honda.
    I can only imagine what he will do on that Duc. Look at what his brother is doing. When they were both on Hondas, he made Alex look like a WERA novice:D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't see him riding hand-me-downs for more than a year no matter how good then they are. I don't see him signing a factory Ducati contract either for the kind of money they are paying when there are other options.

9. Dan Dubeau

Redbull Husqvarna 2025

noles19 likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Or, Lynn Davis is out at Yamaha, and Marc goes there in 2025. He has a strong motivation to erase Rossi from the record books. What better way to cement that, than to swing a leg over His beloved M1, and win one on that too, after taming the Duc that he never could.

:D

Bugslayer and Razr like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

TIL Santi Hernandez worked with VR46 and MM93

upload_2023-11-14_10-41-56.png

27 likes this.
  12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

He was a Showa tech before becoming MM's crew chief.

27 and BigBird like this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rossi looked like someone stoled his ...friend:D

14. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

No need to overpay riders when it’s the best engineered bike on the grid that is doing all the winning.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That statement works better talking about F1, not as much in MotoGP.

BigBird likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

usually i would agree, but MotoGP has turned into F1

cbush likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that there are eight MotoGP winners this year.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I haven’t kept track… was last year a new record for multiple winners or the one before? And how many is the record?

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The top 3 and 4 out of the top 5 in the points are all on the same brand.

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

out of 18 or 36 races?