1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Handler?[/QUOTE]

everyone gets recruited by an exec and they “handle” everything you do… set up meetings, introduce you to who you’re supposed to meet, be where you’re supposed to be, nothing is a coincidence… I spent time with Akio Toyoda at that race…. I was always on show as you had to get approval of the entire group to represent them

so much was learned during those years….

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dance monkey, dance! :D

Shenanigans, 5axis and 27 like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I have a chapter in the book I’m writing about being a show pony… I once sat in a Pevost at the Bristol night Nascar race for nearly two hours for a ten minute meeting during which we didn’t even talk about my racing! I was furious but courteous I’d like to say… my handler was all excited because I got face time with the head of their racing and “showed” well…

I learned a bunch that night….

4. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

Rumors I’m seeing is Kayla Yaakov got one of the seats. Not officially confirmed tho.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Kayla would be my first choice.

2nd is tough. I can't see them giving it to Rocco if SDK is available. I don't think "The Ben" would put up with his antics.

03RumbleBee, evakat and Circacee like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I feel horrible. I’ve never seen a Kayla race. Not familiar with her and couldn’t pick her out of a lineup.

have to fix that.

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You suck! Now you need to get your lazy ass out to the track and meet her. She is as good as a person as she is a racer.

Bonus: I’ll buy you a beer or 12.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

if i follow the rumor correctly, we only assume its Kayla since she ran the number 19. butttttttt that was explained as ben spies old wsbk number so idk if that translates to her having the ride. Otherwise, we can only say its potentially her since she follows them on IG along with Rocco and Nolan.

If I am saying it isnt her, I am pointing to her relationship with Yamaha, something I heard is very important to her and the family, and her true number is 31 not 19.

stk0308 and Suzuka_joe like this.
  9. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

shes a bit mid dave k, sure shes a nice girl and a decent rider but no where near some of the wonderkids we seen previously.

10. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

All in all, Ben Spies being involved is pretty cool to me. He was instrumental in getting Gerloff his seat in WSBK, hope we can see him do that some more.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think he would be a great mentor for an awesome young talent though.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Didn't she win 2 of 2 races as a wildcard in the R7 Cup?

Seems fairly talented...

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Goes to a track she's never been to in Spain, pulls a 1-2 AND breaks the track record... She's young and still had development like the rest of the field, but calling her "mid" is inaccurate.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That's a bit dismissive. She has some serious talent for being so young. Great potential.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I have no idea but if Kayla gets the ride having Graham’s wife Brittany Force, the drag racer, as a mentor would be a huge asset as well… the Force family wrote the book on proper PR with John’s incredible post race interviews… I still love to watch them…

no shortage of great racing pedigrees on that team for sure

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The kids on the facegore's making nachos with the series sponsor, going walkabout in the paddock filling in for announcers... She's awesome..

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I got to meet John Force at BIR. Gave me a tour of their trailers. Just the nicest guy ever.
    And those trailer, damn!!

YamahaRick, Shenanigans, 27 and 2 others like this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's not a bit dismissive, it clearly shows a blatant lack of understanding of rider talent and what is actually going on with Kayla or motoamerica.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Scotty, give me a ring. I left you a direct message with my cell number

27 likes this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yeah but everyone knows that females can't compete equally with men in motorcycle racing.

lopitt85 and koth442 like this.