1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not sure if the one @Spang308 is referencing is the same one, but yours was a guy named @Mr Sunshine on here. It was in the Pacific Northwest and was very funny and the video was on here at one point?

He rode a SV, but also had a Triumph 675. As I recall there was some controversy at one time when he said how much the 675 was worth. He basically added every cent of everything ever done on it, and all R&D and added it to the original price and claimed it was worth that much?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    stk0308 and 27 like this.
  2. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Dang, I looked and didn't see anything. Link?

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s the one I remember…

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you guys know the Mladin robe/no robe story?

At RA they were always trying to get riders to pay for our RV spots, when they were supposed to be free back then… the fat renta-cops would ride around in those fat tire Yamaha TWs I think they are… and put notices on the windshield… well one night one decided to knock on Mat’s door and he was pissed and naked and opened the door clubbed up with swing a ding ball action cussing out the security guy…. :crackup::crackup:

That’s his story… it’s been published somewhere before probably dickhead Dean’s…

I never paid for an RV spot there… I never answered the door naked but damn sure would for the prices for RV spots these days :D

05Yamabomber likes this.
  5. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Word at the track past couple weeks is that they actually dropped the multiple configurations. Apparently it was gonna be another 1.5-2 million and do absolutely nothing to increase revenue.

T1 is still going to be reprofiled and with much larger, paved runoff running all the way to tip in for T2.

Monsterdood likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh that sucks. oh well, at least they still trying to improve things. maybe they can flatten out the curbing at T4, and extend it out a little, that's where I totaled the Civic

Like this, but faster as my exit speed was about 94 https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx8YygsOZZ8/

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

backbone likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, loved Chili, good dude. Hated to read his announcement 2 or 3 years back.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Sherman, set the Wayback Machine to 2005.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Gino230 likes this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just hope they grade the dirt and maybe even the pavement so they don’t still have streams running across the track everywhere when wet. Getting rid of old cracked and patched pavement is job 1. Other improvements are gravy…

BigBird likes this.
  11. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Posted by the man himself

DJ Baker, Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'm shocked this vid is now ten year old, and only has 3300 views. It's a classic.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That's the one. Hilarious. Not sure why I thought it was Road Atlanta.

14. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Yes, that was a bummer.

Random NJMP thing. A friend of mine used to race Formula Atlantics. They ran 1:12s... "Did a 1:09 in the champ car but it wasn't running right."

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Supposedly they are still going to do it, but after 2024. The holdup seems to be the guberment

upload_2023-10-11_10-14-50.png

MrGooch and Mike Fennell like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

would be awesome if they had asphalt like Watkins Glen. That place had so much grip in the wet.

17. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you look on the MA page under racers, Kayla is the only racer with #19

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's my number, I wasn't ready to announce it yet, but coming to a racetrack near you....."Fat Boy Express"!!!! LOLOL

Gino230, koth442, Circacee and 5 others like this.