1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Starlane stealth laptimer

Discussion in 'General' started by MAXdB, Oct 6, 2023.

1. MAXdB

MAXdB Well-Known Member

Hey guys, need some help here. I recently purchased a starlane stealth laptimer thinking it was a simple laptimer that would require less setup and fuss than more advanced ones. I’ve found it is actually more work than the AIM solo 2 since it seems to require i input the track I’m at, but worse than that it has frozen on me multiple times at the first and only track day I’ve taken it out to. Very annoying when you think you’re getting a good lap in and see the timer has frozen and won’t respond to any buttons. The only solution I’ve found is i has to disconnect it from the power source and reconnect it. Initially thought it was happening due to the heat but it froze on me while i was trying to go through the settings today in my garage.. while the bike and laptimer was cold.

Any experience with this? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Do you have the latest firmware update?

3. MAXdB

MAXdB Well-Known Member

Yes i checked and interestingly enough the firmware version on the laptimer is newer than the one on their website

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Whoa.

Your timer has traveled back in time.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I have blamed my slow lap times on various problems, but never the lap timer!:crackup:

6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I'd reflash the firmware. Also double check all your wiring/connections.

I had to print out my manual and spend some time with it playing with it before was comfortable. It is pretty simple and easy...but if you are looking for Ronco set it and forget it...you got the wrong laptimer.

MAXdB likes this.
  7. MAXdB

MAXdB Well-Known Member

Yeah i’m beginning to realize now that i should’ve just gotten the aim solo2 again. Wanting to try something new and lack of any really in-depth reviews out there (at least i couldn’t find any) is to blame but hoping to make good use of it now that i have it

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  8. MAXdB

MAXdB Well-Known Member

Just to update the thread.. contacted Starlane and to their credit, they were very quick to respond. Long story short, it was apparently a known firmware glitch. They emailed me an updated firware version along with special directions not found in the manual or website.

Not sure why they don’t keep their website updated with the most recent firmware and instructions but glad to have this seemingly fixed. I’ll know for sure next time I’m on the track

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  9. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Call Fred 973-386-double o forty