1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it's been said a million times but ill say it again. George at Pitbull...

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Apr 21, 2023.

1. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

...is the man!! seriously.

I ordered some TRS pins for a not so common bike. They came in and one side didn't fit. I called up George and he explained to me that a customer had taken the measurements on their own personal bike as George didn't have access to one. We determined the measurements were wrong, so he gave me some tips on the best way to take a measurement of the axle over the phone. I gave him those measurements. around 5pm his time.

THE VERY NEXT DAY i had a tracking number for a custom one off Pin with a return label and prepaid shipping both ways. I just got the pin and its a good fit.

He's not going to make a ton of money on these pins as there just won't be a huge market, but geez, i'm just blown away by the customer service. This isn't the first order i've placed with them and won't be the last.

best stands, best trailer mounting systems, best hardware and USA made. Great company. Thanks George!

2. grapejuiceboys

grapejuiceboys Well-Known Member

What bike was it?

3. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

ktm rc8c

ducnut likes this.
  4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

KTM should include a TRS and pins with each RC8C. At least the pins. You know, for the ownership experience!

MrGooch likes this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So not taking anything away from George who is awesome but some props to Charlie the owner and he sets the tone of how business is done. Great people at that shop one and all.

6. backho

backho Well-Known Member

None of that, “The bigger the glob, the better the job,” type welding!

7. Customer service starts at the top, it’s the culture of the company and that’s a culture that seems to have long faded away with a lot of companies. Although I have a couple Pit Bulls currently and have bought a lot of products over the years, I’ve never been a huge fan of them if not using them in cases that I don’t have to lug them around. That being said if I need one for the garage or the like, I will always go to PB and the reason is when ever I can I’ll support a company that cares about their people, their customers and takes a shit ton of pride in the quality of their product, I will. I even have the TRS in my utility trailer I use for dirty bikes that uses somewhat of a hybrid setup due to my axle setup. I ended up machining my own adaptors/ pins because it’s one off stuff but I’m sure PB could’ve made something work.

Circacee likes this.
  8. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Thanks Chris. That bike has been a bit of a challenge to fit as I don't think KTM was super consistent on the diameters, but I'm glad the new pins fit well and we left a good impression. Thanks for choosing Pit Bull!

9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Another plus for George. I was looking for some pins for a "vintage" bike that wasnt listed on their website. He said the axle should be the same as the other years, but had me measure to make sure. All the measurements were close, but not exact. Not being super confident in my own skills with that level of precision, I offered to send in the axle for him to take a look at, which he was fine with. When the axle arrived, he machined out some damage from the hole, and even had it plated (or cleaned up, not sure the term), and obviously got the correct pins. From the day I sent the axle to the time I had a TRS in my garage was roughly a week. Definitely earned a customer for life, only a little sad their stuff is so good they dont ever need to be replaced.

10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

When I need a stand I don't consider anybody but Pit Bull. They are the best. I will also put in a plug for the people at Baxley chocks. I have three of their sport chocks and they are the best.

backbone likes this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I've had great experience with them too. I got the wrong size pins because I had the quick change axle, my fault, but because the race weekend was around the corner they made them the same day I called and shipped them out that night.

They definitely have my business forever.

YamahaRick and Banditracer like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It's nice to know there's still some businesses that bend over backwards to take care of the customer.

13. MattTries

MattTries Member

He helped me out about a month ago when I was struggling with pins for my TW200 and was super thorough and prompt. One of the best manufacturer/customer interactions I've had.

I've been really really wanting to get a set of pins for my 1984 VF500F. They make them for other Interceptors of that vintage-but not the 500. Maybe I ought to email and ask if he'd consider making them. I just figured I might be one of three people on the planet that would even want them at this point and it wouldn't be worth his time.

14. KrashBandit

Send me the email. I'd wager we've built at least 100 pin kits that we only sold one of. It'd be nice to sell a hundred of everything we spend time on, but that's not reality. Right now we're working on a custom pin kit for an NC30 with an HRC replica axle, and also a pin kit for an Aprilia RS660 with L74 quick change axle. The VF500F can't be that hard to fit. We'll just need some measurements from you and/or to borrow the axle for a week.

mpusch, YamahaRick and backbone like this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Christmas is coming up, show your appreciation with a nice gift.

16. KrashBandit

Absolutely, Chip is a great guy and makes a great product! Fun fact: All of the rubber feet on the Pit Bull Tire Tree come from Chip at Baxley. After he spent an arm and a leg on tooling to get that rubber piece made, he was kind enough to supply them to us for use on the Tire Tree.

YamahaRick likes this.
  17. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Glad we have both of you guys to take care of us squids.LOL

KrashBandit likes this.
  18. MattTries

MattTries Member

I'll send the email today! Thank you! I should be able to take pictures and then pull the axle and have it shipped out on Monday of next week as well if it's appropriate.