1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

51st WERA Grand National Finals 10/19-22/2023

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any class you entered during the 2023 WERA Sportsman Series Season you can run at at the GNF. All riders are eligible to enter any of the Vintage or National Classes at the GNF since both series are done on a point based Championship and this is the final round in those two Series.

Grids for the Formula 1 Expert, A Superbike Expert, and C Superbike Expert classes will be done from laptimes during the second round of practice Saturday morning. Grids for the Michelin/WERA Superbike and 600 Superbike Expert classes will be done based on laptimes in the second round of practice Sunday morning. All other WERA races will be gridded based on your position in points then order of entry as usual.

The weekend schedule is here - https://www.wera.com/pdfs/eventschedule/gnfsched2023.pdf

Entry fees are as follows - 1st class is $150 pre ($170 post), 2nd and 3rd classes are $120 pre ($130 post) and all additional classes are $90 pre ($100 post). The entry count does reset for each series entered. Thursday practice will run all day and is $225 pre entry, $250 post entry. Transponder Rentals are $60. Online Pre Entry will close at midnight eastern on October 16th. Mailed/faxed entries must be received by the 16th as well. You can as always enter at the track – see the schedule for Registration times.

Gates will be opening between 5 and 6pm Wednesday. Parking will be in Lot C or Lot G, you will be directed at the stop sign by the museum. We will be getting the vendors in early so they will be parked in their own line. Once the gates do open please enter in the order in which you arrived. The racing will happen later in the weekend and there is no reason to start the event off being rude to your fellow riders by trying to cut in line. Gate fees for rider/crew will be $40. The gate only accepts cash! Rider/Crew bands will be sold Wednesday 5-11, Thursday 6am-11pm, Friday 6am-10pm, Saturday 6am-9pm, Sunday 6:30am-2:30pm.

We want to thank all the racers who have come out to an event in 2023 – we are happy to have been able to provide you with racing all across the US once more and we are looking forward to 2024 – think about bringing a friend to start racing and get them off the street if they are “really fast”. We will continue the discounts on the rider’s school and the first time licenses in 2024 in an effort to encourage riders to become racers!

Any questions please call us at 770-720-5010 or email [email protected]

Rance Taylor likes this.
  2. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

Done!! LFG...................

3. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Can I register a Honda Monkey (125) in the Grom class? Basically same bike with different ride height and larger tires.....

4. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

What's up, J dub!

Isn't it just a mini class, with the Grom Cup being run within it?

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  5. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

There are two mini classes AND Grom class. I am pretty sure I can enter no problem...just depends if anyone would protest me for riding a Monkey instead of a Grom. Plus, if there is no issues than I will ride Sunday Nats also on it.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not in the Grom class because well, it's not a Grom. But in one of the other two classes sure.

7. aiden

aiden spawn of brad

any spectator info for the weekend? thinking of coming up that sunday to watch.

bncadvr likes this.
  8. melissa

melissa Sir

Who was shooting photos during the endurance race? I thought I remembered hearing that AKHughes was there but he said he couldn't make it for the endurance.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Raul - Highside Photo

10. melissa

melissa Sir

Thanks Sean!