1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayla and mp13

Discussion in 'General' started by bentforks, Sep 5, 2023.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It really looks like everyone involved has only the best
    intentions when it comes to her career. A big salute to
    everyone involved. I'm obviously a big fan and I think
    this is a great development.

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Hopefully she gets to try out for the Rookies so can she actually get to compare herself with the truly fast guys.

prm likes this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So what will the conversation be in a certain household if by some chance she beats the Squid Hunter rider?;)

Shenanigans and G Dawg like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Interesting the "other" up and coming rider wasn't the one to get that shot.

Makes you wonder.

raven433 likes this.
  5. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Rocco? Shes 100x more markable than he is and 10x more likable.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That other rider is still locked into the Twins title chase and Kayla isn’t. Do other factors matter, sure, but not sure I would drop twins if you’re only 14 points out of 1st. If it goes (Rocco, Blake, Gus) x 2, Rocco wins. If Blake wins both he wins. Gus has the easiest path but needs a win or some 2nds to seal the deal. (My money is on home boy Gus at NJ)

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Here's my question. Did Yamaha allow this to see how she handles SS class and then put her on the R6 next year? Or is she going to Europe to run R6?

8. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

What do you mean by Yamaha "allowing" her to do this?

My understanding is she is/was contracted to MP13 (who allowed her to leave) and that team gets some, but not a ton of support from Yamaha - but I'd guess has ZERO say in day to day team management decisions like this. I'd imagine it was Melissa's call and she likely immediately told her it was okay or talked to others in the team and maybe her coat-tail riding Hubby and then told Kayla to go kick some SS butt.

27 likes this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Personally I think the reason Gloddy is coming back (if in fact he is coming back) is to increase the Team's chances of taking the championship- Potentially putting another bike between Gus / Rocco and Blake.

Monsterdood likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I think the R6 is going to suffer a little at COTA compared to the next gen bikes. NJMP will be a different story.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean the rider currently chasing a class championship? He's kind of busy...chasing a class championship...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She's not contracted to Yamaha, they're not in a position to allow or disallow anything.

Boman Forklift and Shenanigans like this.
  13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I agree with that Gino. Those 750s and that Duc are going to be tractors coming off those corners at COTA and have muscle down the long straights. NJMP flows more and will be a more even playing field for her.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You mean running SS WSBK, now that’s funny Or are you talking about running an R6 in some European domestic series like the Belgian championship?

15. Shenanigans

Like a euro championship

16. Shenanigans

My mistake. I thought she was contracted to yamaha