1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayla and mp13

Discussion in 'General' started by bentforks, Sep 5, 2023.

1. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

2. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Tytler’s ZX-636? Edit: ^^you answered it!

4. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I don't see where it explicitly says "ZX6", but that's gotta be the bike, right? I'm surprised she'd ride a Kawasaki, given her strong relationship with Yamaha.

CRA_Fizzer and BigBird like this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

While this is awesome for Kayla and I’m happy to see her getting this shot, I’m wondering if her pulling double duty was or was not in the discussion. I don’t see how it would’ve been a conflict.

Just don’t want to see her lose a seat next season for a 2 round gig this year if there’s not a plan already in place for SS next year.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Yamaha thing is recent all in all, she's ridden a little bit of everything through her career, never stuck with only one brand.

pjzocc likes this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Definitely had a stint on a Honda

10CBD991-EB41-47E4-92E2-22AE8190F95F.jpeg
    :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And a Kramer or two.

In all reality I'd bet she's got a lot more races on Hondas than anything else at this point.

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The kid rips and she does one hell of a job as an ambassador to the sport. Way more than many others who have had rides for a while.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Her father was quoted as saying that this opportunity allows her to acclimatize to the class a little early, so, what exactly that means....

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that means Dave has already secured her a SS ride for next season. Which would be awesome and deserved given her performance here and abroad. Just don’t want to see her without a chair when the music stops for 24 because she vacated MP.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, I think she is good enough and been impressive enough on many different bikes, that right now in her career, that isn't an issue.

Shenanigans and pjzocc like this.
  14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Probably wanted off the floppy framed chattering R7 and onto a real racing frame sooner than later. :P And I would assume money talks and if it made more financial sense (or enough financial sense) and positioned her for a run at Supersport, then no brainer.

15. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I don't think there will be any issues for her for a while.

pjzocc likes this.
  16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Not that it makes a difference but interesting that outside of the title of the press release no mention of Kawasaki (only Yamaha allowing her to changes rides). Either way, great for everyone involved I think and kudos for her existing team to let her make changes and see how the cards fall.

wish I were going to Cota, I think the changes will bring some excitement to a few classes where the championship has already been wrapped up.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's because the press release was done by MP13, a Yamaha sponsored team. You don't promote your competition or other brands in press releases.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I don't think Kawi truthfully cares as much at SS racing as Yamaha does.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just going on the way her father has handled her career
    I'm sure this wasn't done in a cavalier manner.

BC likes this.
  20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Yep, dad said they got Yamaha's blessing.