1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaubier out, Stefano in

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Aug 28, 2023.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

2. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Can't blame Cam. Championship is over, better to heal up especially after two nasty head hits.

Super stoked for Stefano. Wouldn't be the least bit shocked if he stuns some people on his SBK debut.

3. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

dang. Cam is a beast at COTA. was hoping to see him rip that place on the BMW.

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Before I read the article I thought this was like senior college football player sitting out their bowl games for the NFL draft and I was like WTH. Then I read the article.
    Looks like some behind the scenes injuries for him after the crashes. I struggle to support a bmw, but cam seems to be a class act.

5. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Definitely a loss for the COTA weekend as Cam on the BWM would have been a favorite.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I'm glad Cam is going to rest and give his brain many months to heal before risking it again.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Can't wait to see Mesa on the superbike. Will be a new track for him but hope he makes the most of it.

Cam will do well to take a break and heal up and get his head in the game. he's had a rough couple of weekends, so a bit of healing time will be good for him. That crash at Pitt was scary to watch.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Mesa knows how to ride a 1000. Just set the track record at Summit Point a couple weeks ago on his ZX-10. He might impress! Bummed to hear Cam is out though. Him in the class has been a highlight of the season for me.

MELK-MAN and cpettit like this.
  9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Maybe Tytlers should think about putting Landers on the SS bike for the last 2 rounds.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

The fact that Cam didn't mention anything about 2024 makes you wonder.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is He's done.

ToofPic, Namarow, 5axis and 1 other person like this.
  12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

GixxerBlade likes this.
  13. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

In the press release he says get ready for next year. . . .

14. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so does that mean he'll ride SS, stock1000, and SBK that weekend? not sure if there is a hooligans event, but he's been riding for that as well.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Who,Mesa? Says hooligan and sbk. No ss

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Awesome to see the kids that were getting started back when I was on the 400 just killing it. Good luck Stefano.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? His portion clearly states he's looking forward to next season.

Daniel06 likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

My opinion only… he’s concussed from Brainard and it caused the issue at Pitt. Glad he and his guys are letting him heal properly. Best wishes to all.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Cam didnt say anything about next season. Michael Kiley did...

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I don’t see how the Brainerd crash had anything to do with Ashton’s bike having a misfire at PittRace…