1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Superbike

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Aug 23, 2023.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Sport is a pretty cool fuel. It is a full Alkylate fuel base with 3% oxygen. It can sit in a machine for up to 2 years and still be a good fuel. It doesn't leave any residue behind as it evaporates. The same base fuel as our Gulf Classic, but with Oxygen.

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Sounds like I should try to find me some of that and give it a shot

3. backcountryme

Cool, I would go with either our Gulf Classic if you want something that makes decent power, but is very clean. But if you want to make a bit more power then the Gulf Sport would be perfect. It is 98.5 octane, no lead, and has 3.76% oxygen. The Stoichiometric AFR is 14.1, so you shouldn't have to change much on your jetting. It will definitely make more power in your engine.

zertrider likes this.
  4. backcountryme

Where are you at? I'll find you a dealer.

5. zertrider

Southern Ontario near London

6. backcountryme

I have a guy in Strathroy that really know his stuff with fuel.
    Derek's Mowers and Blowers
    431 Western St, Strathroy, ON N7G 3N3
    519-614-3225

He is a car racer and usually has a good stock of fuel. We also just opened an Ontario warehouse, and we have good stock so getting some over to him is easy.

969 likes this.
  7. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Congrats, that's an awesome achievement! The other amazing achievement is developing a fuel with such power and at the same time being so stable, noncorrosive and low on emissions.

Would there be any advantages to running this fuel in a bone stock engine? I run a 09 CBR600RR and wanted to get a little more power if it makes sense.
    I'm in South West Ontario (Cambridge).

8. backcountryme

Our Gulf Sport will make a little more power due to it having oxygen in the fuel. It also helps keep your oil cleaner due to it not having the same impurities as pump gas. I would still change oil on the same schedule, but it will still be cleaner. KW Honda would be your closest dealer.

Prospect likes this.
  9. zertrider

Well shit. That was the guy who was talking about it in line while at the track. His kid races a Jr. mini sprint. Derek Clark is his name I believe. And he is 12min away from me

backcountryme likes this.
  10. backcountryme

That’s him. Ha. Really good guy. Tell him Billy from Gulf sent you.

11. zertrider

So that is 2 purchases made with your recommendations out of the Strathroy area. I also own a Ferris IS500 mower after discussion here. Lol.

Derek says Hi

backcountryme likes this.
  12. backcountryme

Ha. Ferris is a great mower. My favourite