1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Out Of Florida?

Discussion in 'General' started by Christopher Graybosch, Aug 13, 2023.

1. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Happy Jack.

Between Winslow and Payson on 87

black knight likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is a legit reason for that.

3. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I hesitate to advertise this place, but Northern Arizona is pretty damn nice if you like 4 mild-ish seasons, no humidity, no skeeters. I'm at 6300 ft in the middle of a National forest, 12 minutes outside of a tri city area with a population of 240,000. The state is very 2A friendly with open carry and permitless concealed carry. Its legal to ride dirt bikes and ATVs on the street. Outstanding street riding. Low property tax rates. Infrastructure sucks, but the trade off is that the hands off approach seems to carry over to the government staying the hell out of your business.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Don't come to Dallas/FtWorth, then... That one would be well over a million here. 1.33 acres, lake access with a dock... There's not really a comp home here because we have fewer lakes and anything WITH lake access that was that cheap has been knocked down and a McMansion built on the lot. Here's close-ish, but no lake.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/213-Willow-Creek-Cir-Allen-TX-75002/26627995_zpid/

Even something much more "entry level" . We ditched this 'hood in 2000 because it was turning into a shithole. Let's just say it hasn't improved.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/539-Oldbridge-Dr-Allen-TX-75002/26623742_zpid/

Christopher Graybosch likes this.
  5. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Drcing through the fence at a local little league baseball game and
    You can get a brand new house with a 2 car maybe 3 on 1 acre + a commutable distance from Dallas in the north and western counties for $500k

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  6. auminer

That's the price range OP was saying was ridiculous.

Real estate ain't cheap. At least, not anywhere you'd want to live AND work.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. VR45 Troll

8. VR45 Troll

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

10. auminer

11. VR45 Troll

Lots of work in DFW. OP can commute from Weatherford no problem.

I haven’t had the greatest experiences while I was in TN. I often hear people talk about how great it is and I will have to disagree.

12. VR45 Troll

Duct tape the wife and kids, put them in a van, remove the duct tape when you arrive in Dallas.

13. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

That’s been my mentality really. Currently I commute 1hr each way back and forth, so anything around that time frame is really palatable for me.

that house has potential, I’m very handy and remodeled my previous house inside and out. Replaced Windows, remodeled bathrooms, painted whole house, removed the popcorn ceilings, replaced sliding glass doors, cut trees down

i was made to work, so something that needs TLC doesn’t scare me or the wife. I wasn’t really looking Texas, but at this point im “looking” everywhere as I weigh my options and really consider the transplant

14. Christopher Graybosch

Trust me, I’m kicking it around seriously because I do love Florida, but they’re packing in 50-100 homes in 10 acre parcels and the traffic/people are piling up. Everything is going vertical and the population is booming.

I’m not as concerned about the politics as I am just the over abundance of people. Waiting in line for literally everything isn’t my favorite thing to do

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. VR45 Troll

We have a pond thats almost an acre. They are common on ranches. There are many reservoirs around Dallas. If you like to fish and swim.

16. Christopher Graybosch

That’s up my alley, family loves outdoors

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yea, but on a busy road.. across the street from commercial uses, and there will be more new construction going on around this for some time it looks like from the street/areal views. yes, beautiful new home, but some stuff you would deal with that would have this nice house sell for more, if in a better residential neighborhood ? the busy road won't turn some buyers off, but many would not deal with it. especially if they had young kids .. again, sweet house for the $, but some external stuff to consider. ( my 20 yrs as an appraiser from 15 yrs ago coming out. lol..)

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Real response -- Atlanta's water and sewer infrastructure is a nightmare and there's lots of long term projects to improve the systems. The cost of living inside the perimeter (285) sucks but the cost drops significantly outside of that. The west and southwest sides of town are still pretty affordable and lower density vs the north and northeast sides of town. It may be worth exploring the opportunities available. ITP price per square foot in my zip (30327) tends to be between 325 and 380. in the area I mentioned it's more or less in the 200 to 250 range.

https://www.atlantawatershed.org/

19. auminer

I'm aware. You can make 50k annual scooping dogshit here. As an employee... not sole proprietor. Plus company truck, phone, half-paid insurance... working on 401k program.

Still can't keep people.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah