1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heroic SP-R pro gloves Size 12

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by Motofun352, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Selling my Heroic gloves size 12. I tried 2 times to get used to the restrained fingers where they combine the pinky to the third finger with armor but I just can't get comfortable. I wore these twice for maybe 3 hours total. Color is black/white. No scratches or crashes. $200 shipped to CONUS. IMG_3161.JPG IMG_3160.JPG

Tas likes this.
  2. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I tried a pair of these on last year, same size right off Todd’s truck. They felt incredible and were about $350 if I recall correctly. Felt like they were already broken in. I were a xxl astar.

I’ve already got 3 pairs of gloves or I’d be buying these, really.

3. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Can't you just cut right down the finger line and free the two fingers? I think it was a pair of astars that I did that too. Worked well, but I just hated the astars so bye-bye they went.

Notwithstanding, regarding whether you should/shouldn't have the restrained finger thingy, anecdotally I just say that three years ago I low sided and, as I was sliding over the outside curbing, my "unprotected" pinky caught a piece of the curbing and completely tore the outside part of lateral band tendon and partially or completely tore the inside part of lateral band tendon as well. I can't say whether having the pinky restrained to the third finger would have helped or whether I would have just torn tendons in two fingers instead of just the one. I can say that the pinky took about 9 months to heal. I still raced, but the pinky had to be in a splint, so it stuck straight out on the throttle hand. There are some racing pictures floating around and I look like such a dainty racer with my pinky finger sticking out trying to get full on the gas. :D I still race without such restraints, but every now and then I start to think about it again.

I guess this is a long way of me saying ... I wish I could remember what size astar I wore, otherwise I might be interested. :crackup:

4. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

PM Sent

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I wear XXL in A-stars. How does this size 12 compare?

6. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Not the seller here, and not looking to trump whatever he might offer by way of advice.

That said, I'd like to point you to the second post above by Tas wherein he says he wears a size xxl in Astar gloves, and that he tried a pair of these Heroic gloves in the same size that the seller is selling above and they felt incredible and that if he didn't already have 3 other pairs of gloves he would buy these:

Tas has been around for a while and races/raced at my home track. Personally, I'd have no issue relying on his representations.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Sold

Bardimus likes this.
  8. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Gloves are great! So much more feel than the Dainese I was wearing. I concur with the other posts above on the quality of this brand.

Bardimus likes this.