1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitt Race endurance round 2023

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 50Joe, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, now I remember, sad that kind of thing when I'm not actively involved does get muddled with other horrible days.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

t11ravis likes this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I wasn't there last year and have no idea what happened during the track day but for the actual endurance race day wasn't Pitt Race the ONLY endurance race day with zero red flags in all of 2022?

E Reed likes this.
  4. RyGuy7

RyGuy7 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that the track day riders were the issue. I'm not saying that the racers were the issue. The issue I think was mixing everyone together. Especially when you consider 'Advanced' on a track day includes all classes of bikes.

IMO, it just makes sense for Friday to be a racer practice day, instead of mixing everyone together.

Correct, we didn't have the same drama in the races as we did in the track day, even though there were similar number of bikes on track at once. I think this proves my point...

5. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I should clarify that I’m not sure all who was a racer vs a trackday person. Well, I know at least one that self identified as a racer that doesn’t like being passed and apparently doesn’t use tire warmers lol.

6. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if it makes a difference with safety mixing track day riders and people there for race practice, but one track day rider commented here that doing the track day confirmed their desire to try racing. We all like to get new people giving racing a go.

7. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

That was me. I’m doing the N2 race school on Monday. I didn’t even consider, could I do the sprint races on Sunday at Pitt or is it too late? I was just going to wait until next year to start racing, but if I can get one race in this season, I’ll be addicted and focused all winter for next season instead of skiing and getting fatter.

stickboy274 and alan like this.
  8. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Once you have your school certificate You can do same day registration and have at it on Sunday at Pitt.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep you can run Sunday at Pitt and handle all the paperwork at the track assuming by doing a school on Monday you mean the one prior to the event.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Any updates on the chicane layout?

11. rwdfun

rwdfun

So I just got a confusing email from N2 regarding the Friday Race Practice day. My understanding was that if you were racing either Saturday (endurance) or Sunday (WERA) you were allowed to practice Friday. The email seems to indicate that if you are racing Saturday, I could contact them to arrange a practice session (1 per team). The next paragraph was the confusing one. It said if you were not racing endurance or WERA, you should remove yourself from the waitlist. Not sure if they mean only racing Sunday also eliminated me for the eligible to practice. Can anyone clarify?

William Schneider likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically it's new so no real updates until we all get there and see it in person. Same basic design as before but permanent curbing instead of the temp stuff.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Did the race school. I’ll be there Sunday with my prov nov shirt to mark last place!

Is there a way I can get a number ahead of time so I can get numbers on my bike? Can I request 22 if not taken, or do you just assign?

stickboy274 likes this.
  15. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

# 22 is definitely taken.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Just go here and look up the numbers you would want by Expert/Novice and Region. If a Novice number you want is not taken in your region than you will probably get it. http://www.wera.com/racers/?x=1098

17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

How do you know what region he's in?

18. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you tell who is active or what region one is in, but I went through each #22 novice. None have raced in 2023. There is one that raced in 2022 from California. I presume that's not my region since the state I live in recognizes the second amendment. So I'm really hoping I can get #22!

BOMDIVR likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We will give you a temp number for the weekend that's easy to make with tape.

20. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

That, I don't know. Drilling down on the user profile doesn't reveal their region either.