1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Both VR46 and Gresini will be in 2022-spec and only Pramac will have exactly our bikes, the factory bikes,"

-Davide Tardozzi

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Right but what I read from vr46 said they chose that. Which maybe a lie:crackup:

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Dorna really fucked the schedule this year. We had that multi-week break at the start of the season and now this long ass summer break. Lame.

VR45 Troll, DogWood and motion like this.
  4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah smells like a game to me. They’re probably throwing it out there to get some kind of concessions. I assume the contract cycle for grid positions is coming up?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The man who ran from KTM?

stk0308 and cpettit like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

LCR is saying they are not doing anything til after 2024. They have a contract with Honda.

7. noles19

That means nothing with enough money.

BigBird likes this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Where would LCR go though? KTM already has that the rebadged KTM satellite team and has resources but may not want another satellite. Aprilia has a satellite and likely no resources to add more. Ducati is fully booked, not even Ducati could want 10 Ducatis on the grid (right?!).

Yamaha probably wants to get a satellite team and it may as well be at the expense of the other Nipponese, but do they have the resources or desire to not treat them like filthy customers? The Yamaha isn’t performing the best exactly but it’s got to be better than a machine that actively tries to kill its riders I think. If LCR switches it would have to be Yamaha. But Yamaha may want to partner with VR46 for commercial reasons, if VR46 would have them.

I’m sure he would, but if VR46 doesn’t take him would anyone else take the risk? The big risk is that Franco’s performance dropped off a cliff after his knee injury, so any potential employer will question whether it’s him or the YamaHAHAHA. Might be worth taking a swing on him for an entirely performance based contract, any salary would have to be meager though.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I believe KTM has openly approached LCR about having them as a 2nd satellite.

stk0308, Circacee and noles19 like this.
  10. noles19

Because LCR has been fed up with Honda for a couple years.
    And KTM has money and redbull has money and KTM has already said they want 3 teams next year. "If Ducati can have x number of bikes why can't KTM?" Was one of the quotes from the head of ktm

Circacee likes this.
  11. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Really? The year FQ won (2021), Vinales was 10th, Morbidelli was 17th.

Blah blah older bike for half the season, but he didn't make good on his opportunity when FQ was killing it.

Year before, it was Morbidelli killing it, on the older bike. He clearly lost something, and hasn't been able to find it since.

13. redtailracing

As I recall, he had a knee injury that caused him to miss a significant amount of time and coming back from that seemed to be when he dropped off. I'm sure the bike being a turd didn't help. So probably a few factors compounding. Though he has had just a couple flashes of competitiveness here and there which makes me think he'd at least be competitive on a different platform. Maybe not setting the world on fire, but at least competitive.

BigBird likes this.
  14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

What you're really saying is MM93 wants to be on a bike developed by Dani P again?

I hope KTM never takes his feedback on bike development.

stk0308, BigBird and Circacee like this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Didn't KTM state they're not looking for a third team?.....

16. redtailracing

The irony of this cannot be overstated.

The Great One, BigBird and vfrket like this.
  17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

18. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

galloway840, BigBird and Circacee like this.
  19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

In 2021 Morbidelli had knee surgery and missed at least 5 of the race weekends.

20. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

All he has to do is show Vale on speed dial and instant leverage. How hard can that be?

Is it weird that I pull for Zarco? Seems he always throws his best opportunities away or is struck with bad luck, like a MM93 Cruise Missile.