1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Endurance Notes

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Jul 23, 2023.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

As usual, great job by the WERA and N2 staff. I just wanted to share a few observations that I had on pit road that may help as the series goes forward:

I witnessed a couple of close calls when a rider was exiting their pit box and didn't look over their shoulder or have a crew member wave them out to let them know it was clear.

Some of the relay teams were taking their time clearing the pit road after they switched transponders. I know it was a scorcher but clear hot pit before you take off your helmet and get a drink.

Hate to pick on relay teams but some of the teams were pulling off of pit road in the break in the wall to swap out. No issue there but I watched more than once the outgoing bike just pull onto pit road without making sure it was clear.

Last thing, during the red flag, some teams took forever to take off their warmers and exit pit road. One team got out extremely late and luckily Joe Fischer stopped them and made them go counter flow directly to their grid spot. I was surprised nobody boiled over on the grid as there was a substantial delay for the last bikes to grid up.
    That's all I have. We had a great time and looking forward to the Pitt 6 hour with the chicane!

2. kubricky

kubricky Well-Known Member

Good stuff, thanks for taking the time to post.

Always appreciate the feedback - [email protected]

BrentA likes this.
  3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Cop just low-key dropping the scoop! Havent seen anyone mention it yet.. how do they plan to enforce that?

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Stanboli will be the corner workers handing out 2 second penalties per infraction..

No Brakes likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All good points and you're absolutely correct across the board. Pit lane is a part of the hot track and people keep forgetting that.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Current plan is to run it with the new curbing etc... they have installed. If you blow it there will be a time penalty. It will not be one to try and just dock the time you gained but will be a punitive one - currently my thoughts are 15 seconds but might be longer once I get a feel for it.

7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Wondering what MA riders that have been participating in the endurance series might have influenced them to run the chicane.... :D

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

New for 2023 top 10 in Superbike and supersport no longer have the endurance exemption. If they race endurance (and get caught) they will receive a penalty the following weekend. I believe they lose a session.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No offense to the MA riders but they have no more or less input than any other rider in the series. I like the chicane there and if using the removable curbing had been viable we would have used it all along.

regularguy likes this.
  10. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I also like the idea of a chicane if it is going to be there every year going forward. Is that going to be the case?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it works and makes the second to last turn easier to navigate safely then yes. If it causes more issues than the turn itself does then no.

12. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Makes senseā€¦. I wish Pitt would just put in a more permanent optional chicane.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are. That's the point of the chicane portion of this conversation :crackup:

14. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Hopefully for every motorcycle event they have at the track. Not just WERA and MA.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That end of things is way beyond my control.

16. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Possible a qualifying session (?) otherwise who would really care as the endurance track time could outweigh a simple practice session.

Tim Dobbertin likes this.
  17. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that it's just FP1 that they lose. I saw someone that got hit with it not long ago. You can find it under the sanctions for each round on the MA site.

18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Sooooo..... When are the endurance points going to be updated for Roebling?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  19. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

I mean, that's a pretty easy decision no? 4 hours of track time vs. a session. Yes its not on the same machinery and there will be tons of traffic for them but its 4 hours vs. whatever a practice session is.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Today. Finally in the office and I think I've got some time this afternoon. Been kind of a hectic last 10 days since the endurance happened.