1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CamP out rest of season

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jul 20, 2023.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Sure it is. It's a great opportunity to put somebody on the bike and work with them. There is no pressure to perform and try to win a championship, and if you think they're looking for someone to finish between Jake and the others to cushion the points, I don't think there's a person available that could do that.

Gino230 and Shenanigans like this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Yamaha would love Josh to get that record on their bike I bet more than they care about teaching someone especially if they plan to retain Peterson next year. They will know it’s a long shot with Herrin, Beaubier and Gagne riding so well but Hayes can pull some magic from his arse.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

As a fan with zero "inside the paddock" info I think it's a great chance to keep a young promising racer in the Yamha fold for the future.

No pressure for results because you have Gagne doing the business. And like you said, I don't think there is anyone available right now that would be able to help take points off Gagne's podium contenders.

5axis likes this.
  4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The old guy in me is pulling for Hayes. Looking forward I'd like to see Rocco. JD would be super cool.
    Maybe Motion has booked a Jet for VR46.

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Yep. If it was his decision, imo, JH4 isn’t on the bike. I honestly believe that ship sailed a few years ago.

Would be cool to see “Yamaha” choose JH4 to finish the year though.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

At Road America, Hayes was out on a 3rd Attack R1 during practice (along with Cam P and Gagne) to get some seat time in case Cam P couldn't finish the weekend due to a still-healing injury.

Hayes was also spotted at the T3 snack Shack coaching the cooks on their Bratwurst grilling technique. :blart:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  7. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Someone from Europe. You heard it here first…

Boman Forklift and Circacee like this.
  8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Well there you have it. Dude usually has this info dialed.

Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't see anybody that will finish between Jake and Cam B.if all goes well, so you need to look at who can take points if Cam B. has an issue or two. I think Hayes has the better chance of doing that rather than Rocco. I also think that Stamboli really needs good data to help Jake get everything out of the R1 since BMW has set the bar higher han it has been. Hayes can provide that data that Cam P. couldn't and I doubt Rocco would be able to do, either.

I think Hayes to Attack and Rocco to Squid Hunter is a good move in that Rocco has shown that he is a winner on an R6 and he should do almost as well as Hayes.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I can’t really disagree but professionally hasn’t Brandon only had 1 big boy race? If so, not much of a difference?

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I was joking on him and Rossi. I 100% think he can make the jump but he got a ride and is bringing them close if not a championship. Stiffing them would seem like a bad move and I doubt they would release him.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The question is not can Rocco ride the bike, of course he can. The question is how hard would the team push and how quickly does the team need the rider to be competitive. Rocco could do it and learn it, no concerns there. But he will need time.

14. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Brandon raced the whole sstk season last year including superbike cup…

Boman Forklift and 418 like this.
  15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Brandon is signed with M4 for the rest of the season I thought I read that on road racing world website

Banditracer likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Anyone have Ben Spies’ phone number?

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Pretty much what Stanboli said about Rocco after Road America, in the “ask a superbike genius” video. I also revise my thoughts about JH4 on the Attack R1 going forward, he’s a possibility. Stanboli spoke highly of his input of a TC issue they were unaware of. The input apparently helped CamP.

Once a Wanker.. and 418 like this.
  18. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Gulfport is in Europe? Learn something new everyday!

;)

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Plus I think Stanboli said Elias likes a weird setup that doesn’t let the weight transfer back and forth as well. I think it was a longer and lower bike?

418 likes this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Im not sure what the background information was about Altus last year with Paasch, but I dont think it was a great showing from him.
    In 2020 Cam P dominated on that bike, in 2021 Jake Lewis also dominated on that bike. In 2022 Paasch best finish in Stock1000 was one 2nd place.
    But I was impressed with him on the M4 bike, much faster than I expected.

Boman Forklift likes this.