1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiberglass quality (fairing brands)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by William Schneider, Jun 19, 2023.

1. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

I know quality of different fairing brands have probably been discussed many times. I am looking for fairings for my 2007 cbr1000rr and I would normally just go for Armor Bodies, but they don't sell the 2007 style fairings. Pro Fiber and Motoxpricambi have upper and lower sets for about $350. Does anyone have insight to how the quality of those brands compared to Armor Bodies and Hotbodies?

Thanks,
    Will

2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

3. William Schneider

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Probably helps with shipping, mold storage, etc

5. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Profiber fairings are a little step above disposable/consumable track fairings IMO.

I mean if you know what you are getting, they get the job done.

William Schneider likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Check out Sebimoto too… even with shipping from the Chezc they are damn good at a good price…Carbon available as well…

ungwaha and William Schneider like this.
  7. backho

backho Well-Known Member

I bought Pro Fiber for a 675 Daytona. First set arrived thrown into a box with some sort of Saran Wrap around each piece. A real disaster with all kinds of stress/spider cracks. They sent a second set that was much better packaged. Fitment was pretty difficult especially the windscreen cutout. The stuff is very light fiberglass covered with white gelcoat. I’d rather spend more money for a better product.

8. William Schneider

Good point about Sebimoto! Just ordered a set from them.

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

10. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

Maybe a dumb question/I’m not familiar with CBR generational changes, but do they strictly need to be the 2007 style for Armour Bodies?

woodcraft website shows 07 model as compatible with their 04-05 style fairings, is why I ask.

11. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Cannot recommend Sebimoto more highly! Quality, durable fairings that are the easiest to mount I've ever used. And their prices are ridiculously cheap. Two uppers painted and shipped to the US were only $450 last week. The only downside is the wait time for fabrication and travel from Slovakia.

12. William Schneider

Thanks all for the feedback! I order an upper and lower from sebimoto. I'll order a set from them for my CBR900RR when I set that up for the track.

The 04-05 fairings will fit, fair point. I just wanted the 06-07 style.

13. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

17 R6 Pro fiber is thin, and light. It does have carbon on the mount points. But it does chip easily, and I had to do a lot of bodywork to get the stuff to fit right. I hear bikeplast is good, have you checked there prices

14. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I know that the OP has already made his purchase, but just throwing this out there. I have Sharkskinz on my 04 (06-07 bodywork though) and they are awesome. Built like a tank and should last forever. Also they were very helpful in getting me set up with a custom left side only headlight cutout for the endurance race bike look I was going for. They bought all of Catalyst's molds when they went out of business and have those pieces as well for the CBR.

15. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

Check out Flexi-Glass as well. Quality stuff and fits well.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have tried many brands over the years. For the past 7 years I used Bikeplast. They are amazing. Fit is superior, come with fasteners already mounted, the gelcoat is so good it looks like gloss white paint. But they are now expensive to get shippied from europe in addition to forever backordered.

I found ProFiber on Ebay. They are cheap and quick lead time. About $550 a set shipped. For my current 17 R6 and 23 R1, I am using ProFiber. The fitment is not as good, and I had to drill and install fasteners before paint. Its a step down from Bikeplast, but almost half price. I will continue to use them. It comes with a complete undertail and gas tank cover which is important to me. Sharkskinz and Armourbodies just have a tailight cover.