1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing on Yamaha selling a factory superbike?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Video on 44 Teeth at Crescent Yamaha w Paul Denning said Yamaha is going to sell a replica of their WSBK (minus the electronics). Looks badass.

In case it's buried in the YouTube thread.

MELK-MAN, code3ryder and Rawb like this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I saw that yesterday. It's pretty cool but still more expensive than alpha m1000 isn't it?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought they were already doing that. What's new?

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

This is a much higher spec machine. Those forks are the real deal. It has a real swingarm on it.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's in the same ballpark as satellite team bikes.

6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Its amazing - but I can't afford what the offered previously with the GYTR replicas - so a real SBK spec bike at $150K might as well be Topraks actual bike cause I am going to get as close to it as I am that 150K.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@Steeltoe why you posting Yamaha bike pron? Where's the latest Suzuki uber special Street legal SBK?

:D

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Shutup

9. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

At current exchange rate that is $196,500. Also interesting was Denning saying that Lewis Hamilton, who runs his R1's out of the Crescent shop, has crashed pretty much every time he has been on a bike because he can not understand how anyone can be faster than him on track! Pretty funny. Says he bounces well.

MELK-MAN, Badger911GT3, HPPT and 3 others like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol yeah that part was pretty funny :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What’s Ducati charge for their superbike race bike?

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Like 250k+ I believe

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Seems to be happening in his car racing as well - the others being faster, not the bouncing.

14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I remember watching the video they released a few years ago when Hamilton and Rossi swapped. Lewis looked like he really knew what he was doing on a bike! I was like "Damn, does that guy need to be good at EVERYTHING?!!" So I'll admit I felt a little better when Denning said that Lewis crashes every time he rides:).

Oh, and I don't know whether that bike is worth 150k pounds, but it's super cool that they're going to sell a bike to the public that is so close to a real WSBK bike. Would be a once in a lifetime experience to get to ride one.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn’t watch the entire videos yet. What doesn’t come with it? Electronics? What spares are included?

obviously you’d still need to set it up and dial it in and have to spend buckets of bucks doing that.

16. Badger911GT3

I don't think they said anything about spares. But it sure sounds like the bike is ready to ride.

17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think it comes ready to ride.
    Probably no spares, but I am sure they would sell them to you.

I bet he is pushing every time he rides it too. I never saw a lap time from him, but I bet it would be impressive given his experience.

18. Badger911GT3

For sure. Guys like him don't know anything OTHER than pushing. I like to tell myself that I'd be a lot closer to the fastest Twins Cup kids if I could afford (financially, and medically) to crash ever other weekend, or more.

19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Most of "going fast" is overcoming our own mental limits of what we think the maximums are for G-forces, or speed, or bike stability, or whatnot. I can't count how many times I've had students honestly believe that they were braking to the maximum that the bike could mechanically handle, or getting on the gas as early as they could, or etc. I had one guy a few years ago on a BMW going as fast as he could, and after a few sessions of telling him to open the throttle farther and him swearing up and down that he was at max, I (on an identical bike) got up next to him on the straight in the same gear, whacked the throttle open, and shot forward. He was riding to his G limit, not the bike's. Hell, I do the same thing.. I think I'm a braking god sometimes, then I watch toprak.

Point is, even if Hamilton isn't the best bike rider out there (sounds like he's actually a good one tho), he will have an accurate sense of what real speed and G forces are. So he won't have that mental barrier/fear to push through when he's on the bike.

Motofun352 likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He and Alonso should get together and wreck the MotoGP field and set all the track records.