1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figured some of you car guys might like this

Discussion in 'General' started by SirCrashAlot, Jul 6, 2023.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

20230706_155827_copy_768x1024.jpg

20230705_161953_copy_768x1024.jpg 20230706_155146_copy_768x1024.jpg 20230705_162035_copy_768x1024.jpg

So my dad has owned this car for 48 yrs. About 4 yrs ago he decided to have it redone as it was in kinda rough shape. Yesterday I took him to pick it up. I think its a 56 Chevy. It was redone from the ground up with a 6.2 V8 from a camaro. It's pretty badass for a 76 year old dude to cruise around in.

wsmc42, Shenanigans, scottn and 12 others like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Kick ass man, you’re a good son for sure. Was that at the gas station when I met your dad 20 years ago?

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like that color of blue!! Looks like a 56 to me, that's what my dad had in a 2 door when I was about 5.

4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Very nice,beautiful 2tone color scheme.

5. SirCrashAlot

It's possible... it used to be red and white. My son picked the colors out. It pops way more in person.

27 likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! :up:

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

tell him great job! I love the colors especially the way they did the engine compartment to match.

is that a huge transmission cooler on the front of the radiator or did they add A/C too?

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sweet ride. I like the looks of a 56 better than a 57, looks meaner.

vfrket likes this.
  9. SirCrashAlot

A/C

27 likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sweet 56.

Love the blue and white.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's a bad ass goin' to town ride. That fact he has had it near 50 years makes it even more bad ass...

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Takes me back to my childhood.
    I'd love to sit in the back seat, take a ride and throw up on the inside of the door.
    Ah, memories...

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nice 56 I dig it.

14. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

One beautiful car. Love the blue and white. My grandfather had a 55 and my Uncle had a 56. If he likes car shows that will definitely get a lot of attention.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I also love the blue/white. Car looks great. Restomods are cool because they basically take an old car and give them modern conveniences and driveability. Something to be said for a '56 that idles smoothly, has cold A/C and gets 20+ mpg while never having to fiddle with points in a distributor or carb jetting.
    Hope it's enjoyment level matches it's looks.

27 and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Very Nice! My Uncle restored a Pearl White '57 convertible years ago. Beautiful cars.

17. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Awesome! Both for the car and your Dad! :cool:

18. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Absolutely love it. Congrats to your dad for making a dream into a reality.

19. Awesome for him. AC and
    FI, make it comfy so he can enjoy it vs having to work on it. Great color choice as well.

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Very nice. Tastefully done. Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks very similar to Admiral Blue that they used on the Corvette Grand Sport (and what we used on all of our race bikes).